Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Transfer Portal

There is an interesting article here regarding Deion Sanders’ attitude toward the portal.

I'm thinking it seemed like a good idea but it isn’t.

https://newsletters.yahoo.net/H/2/v6...a477fa26d/HTML

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    There is an interesting article here regarding Deion Sanders’ attitude toward the portal.

I'm thinking it seemed like a good idea but it isn’t.

https://newsletters.yahoo.net/H/2/v6...a477fa26d/HTML
    My opinion the transfer portal is garbage.

Its not an incentive for kids to stick it out and compete for a position.

In Deion's case its totally garbage as well. Kids that were there and loyal to the program are basically being told to get the hell out of town and not good enough to be there.

Comment

I don’t understand players redshirting then leaving with 4 years left. Like after a redshirt year? Give yourself atleast a chance to compete.

Comment

What I think the Deion Sanders introduction showed a lot of people is that sometimes (probably more often than we’re giving credit for) kids get in the portal because they’re told to. A lot of coaches tell the kids they won’t play there or they won’t renew their scholarship if they stay.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
          I don’t understand players redshirting then leaving with 4 years left. Like after a redshirt year? Give yourself atleast a chance to compete.
          Maybe they simply don't like it there?

Comment

For most, the “portal” is nothing but a “grass is greener”, zero sum game. Should it be allowed? Of course, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing for college athletics. In the major programs, football has denigrated to cheering for colored laundry. Who even knows which “student athletes”. (haha) are on what team from semester to semester?

”Hey as long as all these mercenaries are playing for ‘my’ team, it’s all good!”

Might as well roll out a bucket of jerseys onto the 50-yard-line and have everyone cheer.
            Last edited by Herb Street; 12-09-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X