X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

My favorite is the liberal arts degree and then they try to tell you with a straight face why they applied for a CEO or director position with zero experience.

Most successful Texas Tech grads I know are from the School of Pharmacy or Engineering.

Most everyone else at Texas Tech that cant get into those graduate programs changes their major to an elementary school teacher (nothing wrong with that) or uses their liberal arts degree to become assistant manager at starbucks.

Yeah the government comment isn't too far off.

When I retire in about 10 years and if this board and posters are still alive and kicking I will write a book on that stuff.
    I say this with all honesty and its not a knock on you because you work for the Government. My Maternal Grandfather and his daughter my Mother both retired from Government jobs.

THERE IS NOT ONE GOVERNMENT SERVICE THAT I AM PLEASED WITH. NOT ONE. I DREAD THE THOUGHT OF DEALING WITH ANY LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY TO GET ONE THING ACCOMPLISHED. IT TAKES HOURS AND SOMETIMES DAYS WHAT SHOULD TAKE AT THE MOST 15 TO 20 MINUTES.

I do not have City water and thank God the city where my business is located has turned it over to private industry.

Maybe the only Government agencies I'm pleased with are cops and firemen. I have not had any dealings with them in decades and hope not to in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

It is more times than not, unless you are talking about an elite University, the school inasmuch as it is the actual degree. A PE degree or Kinesiology at any school isn't impressive. There are other degrees people get fondly known as Underwater Basket Weaving that won't do you much good either. Most that attain these degrees either end up selling shoes or working for our incompetent Government who must hire more incompetence so as not to expose themselves.
    My favorite is the liberal arts degree and then they try to tell you with a straight face why they applied for a CEO or director position with zero experience.

Most successful Texas Tech grads I know are from the School of Pharmacy or Engineering.

Most everyone else at Texas Tech that cant get into those graduate programs changes their major to an elementary school teacher (nothing wrong with that) or uses their liberal arts degree to become assistant manager at starbucks.

Yeah the government comment isn't too far off.

When I retire in about 10 years and if this board and posters are still alive and kicking I will write a book on that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

So a degree from Toledo is more valuable than a degree from Truman State, Grand Valley, etc.?

Didn't your son graduate from a D2 university?

Didn't realize you had to graduate from just a FBS university to have your degrees mean more.

I can tell you from experience more Texas Tech graduates address their co-workers as "boss" than the other way around when it comes to graduates from "lower tier" universities.

Your go to when ASU is having a medicore season is "I no longer have any affiliation with ASU" but when they are having a great season "Hell yes!! Blah blah blah".

When WT has been in the basement I have been here to take the heat and call out coaches but never said I am dropping my allegiance to WT.

Hopefully football season will get here soon and we can argue about that again.

Carry on.
    It is more times than not, unless you are talking about an elite University, the school inasmuch as it is the actual degree. A PE degree or Kinesiology at any school isn't impressive. There are other degrees people get fondly known as Underwater Basket Weaving that won't do you much good either. Most that attain these degrees either end up selling shoes or working for our incompetent Government who must hire more incompetence so as not to expose themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I assume, by your comical rant, that your education did not include reading comprehension.

My point was and still is that my loyalty in sports is to the universities in which I attended, and those happen to be D1 FBS. Meant nothing more and nothing less.

I wish you a good night and hope you get help for your feelings of inadequacy(ies).
    Nah I am good watching you deflect.

I wish you a good night as well sir.

Always up for a good banter.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

So a degree from Toledo is more valuable than a degree from Truman State, Grand Valley, etc.?

Didn't realize you had to graduate from just a FBS university to have your degrees mean more.

I can tell you from experience more Texas Tech graduates address their co-workers as "boss" than the other way around when it comes to graduates from "lower tier" universities.

Your go to when ASU is having a medicore season is "I no longer have any affiliation with ASU" but when they are having a great season "Hell yes!! Blah blah blah".

When WT has been in the basement I have been here to take the heat and call out coaches but never said I am dropping my allegiance to WT.

Carry on.
    I assume, by your comical rant, that your education did not include reading comprehension.

My point was and still is that my loyalty in sports is to the universities in which I attended, and those happen to be D1 FBS. Meant nothing more and nothing less.

I wish you a good night and hope you get help for your feelings of inadequacy(ies).

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Seriously? 😂😂😂😂

Angelo & WT this year.

Unlike you, I did not attend a DII university for undergraduate or my multiple graduate degrees. All of mine were D1 FBS.

Sooo, as stated at least 10 times, I root for LSC DII programs based off personal connections with players, parents, or coaches. Not sure why you have a hard time comprehending this. How many times do I have to repeat myself?????

Sorry this doesn't fit your paradigm.

Carry-on.

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Oof. I hit a nerve?

Show me where I have been the grammar police?

Are we cheering for UTPB or MSU this year?
    Seriously? 😂😂😂😂

Angelo & WT this year.

Unlike you, I did not attend a DII university for undergraduate or my multiple graduate degrees. All of mine were D1 FBS.

Sooo, as stated at least 10 times, I root for LSC DII programs based off personal connections with players, parents, or coaches. Not sure why you have a hard time comprehending this. How many times do I have to repeat myself?????

Sorry this doesn't fit your paradigm.

Carry-on.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Who knows what another Lexi or Emily type player might do. Prock said that he thought Lexi might have stayed at WT if his hiring had been announced a month earlier. She left WT because she couldn’t stand Mattio which was totally understandable. Regardless of any unknown future intentions, Prock still needs to make the effort to recruit the best players for the program and not shy away because they might go D1.
    Ramey definitely has her work cut out for her this summer with Thabach.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
    Lady Buffs don’t need a solid back up post. They need a solid starting post. Thabach is weak, slow and can’t jump over her shoestrings. She should be the backup, if that. And it would be nice to have a point guard who can penetrate the middle like Zam. Plus how about another Lexi Hightower or Emily Brister? Now we’re talking.
    I had another post-player in mind like Parker. Long, mobile, and a shot-blocker. Would love to have another Megan Gamble at the point.
    IF we find another Lexi or Emily they would be looking to move up to D1 (like Lexi did) rather than play in D2.
    I think Thabach will continue to improve. I talked to her at halftime of one of the men's games. Her plans are to stay here over the summer and work with Ramey.
    We will see if she can improve. Boyd needs to do the same thing. (if she wants playing time)

I have confidence that our staff will find good players that will contribute. It would be ideal for transfer players to step into starting roles.
    That's hard to do. New players will need to learn the system and find their role on the team. If that happens about January 1st we'll be Ok.
    I think Hollie, and Kyla will continue to improve. Azia has become a good defensive player. As we have disused, we need front-line players.
    We have good guards and good incoming guards. Wt really needs to shoot the ball better from the 3-point line. I think we were under 30% as a team.

I also think one of the incoming players needs to be a high-energy player like Taylor Williams. Dollar was filling that role until her injury.
    She did not get a red shirt, she will not be returning.

So that is my wish list for the Lady Buffs. It's much shorter than my wish list for football.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Are you F**KING kidding???? LMAO. I have been beaten to death by multiple holier than thou Buffoons over simple typos for 14 years......INCLUDING YOU!!

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier.
    Oof. I hit a nerve?

Show me where I have been the grammar police?

Are we cheering for UTPB or MSU this year?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

If you and Javs Fan fall from being perfect and ever make a grammatical mistake you guys won't here the end of it.

Yes the "here" is on purpose since you two love getting off on correcting grammatical errors.
    Are you F**KING kidding???? LMAO. I have been beaten to death by multiple holier than thou Buffoons over simple typos for 14 years......INCLUDING YOU!!

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

One little mistake!!!! - the proofreading department had left for the day
    That's what she said!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

The cupboard is not bare either!
    If you and Javs Fan fall from being perfect and ever make a grammatical mistake you guys won't here the end of it.

Yes the "here" is on purpose since you two love getting off on correcting grammatical errors.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
    Lady Buffs don’t need a solid back up post. They need a solid starting post. Thabach is weak, slow and can’t jump over her shoestrings. She should be the backup, if that. And it would be nice to have a point guard who can penetrate the middle like Zam. Plus how about another Lexi Hightower or Emily Brister? Now we’re talking.
    Very Spot On!

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X