No. 5 Northwest Missouri State
    No. 6 Grand Valley State
    No. 7 Minnesota State
    No. 8 Ouachita Baptist
    No. 9 Bemidji State
    No. 10. Benedict

SOURCE: NCAA.COM
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...er-10-rankings
    Ouachita Baptist and Benedict wouldn't win the LSC much less be in the top 10.

Both teams got boat raced off their home fields by other 2nd place finishers in the playoffs after finishing undefeated in weak conferences.

These rankings are almost always recycled based off the previous years results.

Comment

A lot of people keep putting WT in discussion of Top 25. Do they something we don't know?
      Josh Lynn is a great coach. But he doesn't turn WT into top 25 overnight. Especially if he's not running his gun triple-option offense. I don't quite understand why he wouldn't. Stick with what made you successful. UTPB should be getting just as much consideration as WT if not more. Top recruiting class with a lot of returning all conference players. With a coach that made Kingsville look bad in a postseason game.

Comment

It also doesn't take into consideration what the transfer portal did to Angelo State: losing five big-time starters on both sides of the ball. Of course others could, and will step up, but will it be enough to put them back at the top? Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
          It also doesn't take into consideration what the transfer portal did to Angelo State: losing five big-time starters on both sides of the ball. Of course others could, and will step up, but will it be enough to put them back at the top? Only time will tell.
          Everyone was thinking Angelo would suck last year because they lost some really good linemen. Good coaching is what is propelling Angelo.

As for polls, they are pretty much worthless. It is true people vote for names they have heard before. The only poll I really care about is the one taken at the end of the season. The rest are just guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
            A lot of people keep putting WT in discussion of Top 25. Do they something we don't know?
            Josh Lynn is a great coach. But he doesn't turn WT into top 25 overnight. Especially if he's not running his gun triple-option offense. I don't quite understand why he wouldn't. Stick with what made you successful. UTPB should be getting just as much consideration as WT if not more. Top recruiting class with a lot of returning all conference players. With a coach that made Kingsville look bad in a postseason game.
            WT "could" be top 25 if they can get to and past the UTPB game undefeated.

Remember Kingsville was briefly top 25 until they ventured out of cupcakeville and into reality.

WT could have the same setup and a lot of luck be 8-0 going into their game with Angelo State.

Do I think WT is top 25 currently? Definitely not.

Comment

IMO Its going to be real interesting to see how UTPB's 2nd year head coach manages all those transfers. if a few of those kids aren't getting to play they can destroy a lockeroom. there is a reason seasoned head coaches don't load up on a team full of transfers. UTPB probably has no choice at this point but it will be interesting.

I don't think anyone should get to hyped up about either WT or UTPB as this point. Lynn is a program builder and that takes time and McCoullgh on has one year of head coaching experience. I believe both will be improved but cracking the top 25. I don't think so.

Comment

In 2005 WT went from worst to first in a LSC that was much tougher. Also Central Oklahoma will surprise people this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

IMO Its going to be real interesting to see how UTPB's 2nd year head coach manages all those transfers. if a few of those kids aren't getting to play they can destroy a lockeroom. there is a reason seasoned head coaches don't load up on a team full of transfers. UTPB probably has no choice at this point but it will be interesting.

I don't think anyone should get to hyped up about either WT or UTPB as this point. Lynn is a program builder and that takes time and McCoullgh on has one year of head coaching experience. I believe both will be improved but cracking the top 25. I don't think so.
                  From what I saw in the Spring, the 20 mid-year transfers and the holdovers were a cohesive group! All of them are bought into the program. I don't see the additional 6-10 transfer guys making a big difference in that! McCullough was able to start 0-2 last year with transfers as well and get everyone believing and finishing 9-3. I think UTPB will finish in top 4 of LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

There could be a possibility that the LSC might be wide open at this point.

Angelo State might tail off a bit losing some starters to the transfer portal but will still be the favorite.

If a team can emerge from the pack and take down second place that could make things interesting come playoff time.

Comment

Better not sleep on ENMU. Those dudes can coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Ouachita Baptist and Benedict wouldn't win the LSC much less be in the top 10.

Both teams got boat raced off their home fields by other 2nd place finishers in the playoffs after finishing undefeated in weak conferences.

These rankings are almost always recycled based off the previous years results.
                        Maybe.

Here are final 2022 Top 10

1 Ferris State
                        2 Grand Valley
                        3 Colorado Mines
                        4 West Florida
                        5 Pittsburg State
                        6 Angelo State
                        7 Northwest Missouri
                        8 Shepherd
                        9 Delta State
                        10 IUP

Not quite the same.

Comment

If ever! Until he does, it's all talk and speculation. They supersonic hype is pretty standard for any program bringing in a new coach. Gotta get folks buying in.

Same goes for UTPB and it's new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
                            In 2005 WT went from worst to first in a LSC that was much tougher. Also Central Oklahoma will surprise people this year.
                            So, you are comparing Lynn to the Carthels?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

There could be a possibility that the LSC might be wide open at this point.

Angelo State might tail off a bit losing some starters to the transfer portal but will still be the favorite.

If a team can emerge from the pack and take down second place that could make things interesting come playoff time.
                              Angelo won't be a top team. Nothing to worry about. They might just barely be mediocre.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X