Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Team GPA didn't count for crap under the Cartel's. As much as I like Don and Colby team academics were not at the top of their list.
    So I can tell you first hand that there were “student athletes” on the team during 2004-06 that couldn’t spell “cat.” Just some ballers that they basically gave room and board to in order to win some games.

I realize that the winning programs in college football are full of mercenaries, and WT might have to resort to that to win. It’s all a charade.

Comment

Do you mean the AD who hired Coach Mook (SB NC), Coach Potts (VB NC), Coach Brown (current winningest men's college BB coach in Texas), Coach Stewart (T &F), Coach Prock (1st year women's BB Elite 8).....etc etc?

Really? What IS your problem with McBroom?
      You forgot Candace for softball. He elevated her from temporary to permanent way too soon. I don't care about the other sports. If we start a transgender pickleball team I won't care about it either.

mcbroom might be a good fit for TWU or some other non football school but he wrecked the football program. I do agree that Lynn is a good safe hire but he hasn't won any games yet. A sloth would have acted faster on the Hughes termination than mcbroom.

How old were your kids and grandkids when we had a good team? 1st graders then will be in college now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Doing more research.

In addition to St. Anselm.

There is a D2 independent football team, Post University, in Connecticut that went D2 in 2020.

Their site hasnt updated the 2023 schedule but ESPN shows a possible open date on 11/11.

They did go 0-10 last year but it is a game and an extra one that WT seniors could play if they are out of playoff contention
        I heard thru the grapevine that those schools were contacted. No interest. Plus it's be a $75,000+ trip paid for by WT.

If WT is 5-5 or 6-4 a Nov 11 game means nothing. Lynn and staff would rather get a head start on recruiting than play a meaningless game. If WT is 8-2 and a lock for the playoffs, they get a week off to prepare. If WT is 7-3 and on the cusp needing a D2 win to get in the playoffs, there is another conference that might have team(s) in the same predicament with a Nov 11 open date because of their conference 1 vs 2 championship on that date. Their 3rd place team might need a D2 win to get in the playoffs. A game could be hastily scheduled for that week between a 7-3 WT and a 7-3 3rd place team from that conference. It could be late Oct to tie it down. All kind of talks scenarios etc have been ongoing. There are a lot of moving parts to get aligned.

But, nobody is working on it because our AD obviously hates FB.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-09-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I heard thru the grapevine that those schools were contacted. No interest. Plus it's be a $75,000+ trip paid for by WT.

If WT is 5-5 or 6-4 a Nov 11 game means nothing. Lynn and staff would rather get a head start on recruiting than play a meaningless game. If WT is 8-2 and a lock for the playoffs, they get a week off to prepare. If WT is 7-3 and on the cusp needing a D2 win to get in the playoffs, there is another conference that might have team(s) in the same predicament with a Nov 11 open date because of their conference 1 vs 2 championship on that date. Their 3rd place team might need a D2 win to get in the playoffs. A game could be hastily scheduled for that week between a 7-3 WT and a 7-3 3rd place team from that conference. It could be late Oct to tie it down. All kind of talks scenarios etc have been ongoing. There are a lot of moving parts to get aligned.

But, nobody is working on it because our AD obviously hates FB.
          That makes sense. I have a feeling WT will be on the 6-4 side of things. Sucks because where they fell on the schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X