UTPB 14
    ​​​​​​​ANGELO 20

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Game of the Week -

UTPB at ANGELO

At the half

UTPB 14
    ANGELO 20
    Angelo is running the ball but utpb 6,3 6,4 receivers are getting the jump balls and winning. The utpb qb is the real deal. But angelo is running with ease

Comment

UTPB in the lead. 21 to 20. 9:22 left in the 3rd.

Comment

UTPB GET THE WIN!!!!!

Comment

UTPB could have put another touchdown or two on Angelo, but got very conservative and shut the offense down to run out the clock. Angelo not really being able to pass into coverage really killed them in the 4th quarter.

Also, apparently a player from Angelo walked all the way across the field to try and start a fight with UTPB fans and players after the game was over.

Comment

UTPB didn't run the score as I expected. I guess Angelo has a little defense left. But NOTHING on the O.

Girsch has a tough, tough road ahead getting the talent back he lost!

Sitting at 4-3 after a stellar 12-1 2022. Oooffff.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              UTPB didn't run the score as I expected.
              Yeah I think the idea was to keep the Angelo defense on the field as long as possible the first half and then they opened it up in the 3rd.

Then they shut it back down mid 4th to end to run clock. They did this exact same strategy against Midwestern.

It's part of what makes this team so dangerous, it can beat you a whole lot of different ways. Ball control, to hair on fire air raid, to nearly 500 yards on the ground last week, punchout haymaker slugfest - whatever.

Comment

Great win for UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanMachineOffense View Post

Yeah I think the idea was to keep the Angelo defense on the field as long as possible the first half and then they opened it up in the 3rd.

Then they shut it back down mid 4th to end to run clock. They did this exact same strategy against Midwestern.

It's part of what makes this team so dangerous, it can beat you a whole lot of different ways. Ball control, to hair on fire air raid, to nearly 500 yards on the ground last week, punchout haymaker slugfest - whatever.
                  It was a BIG, BIG win for the UTPB program. 1st time they beat Angelo in 7 meetings. And it was Angelo's Homecoming.

Comment

Rather shocked their games against Midwestern (who got embarrassed by a mediocre Pueblo team), WT, and Angelo have been so close. It seems like a better strategy would be to put more points on the board rather than "intentionally" leaving it a one score game lol. I'm calling compete shenanigans that this is intentional. If you have an offense that can come out and put points on the board you do just that.

Comment

Looks like this was a heck of a game!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                        It seems like a better strategy would be to put more points on the board rather than "intentionally" leaving it a one score game lol. I'm calling compete shenanigans that this is intentional. If you have an offense that can come out and put points on the board you do just that.
                        That's not what I said and you know it. I said they have games where they intentionally milk the clock for long periods and others where they don't.

If you don't believe me, just go back and watch this game and the other and compare it to say... 2nd half of the WT game.

Comment

That's not what I said and you know it. I said they have games where they intentionally milk the clock for long periods and others where they don't.

If you don't believe me, just go back and watch this game and the other and compare it to say... 2nd half of the WT game.
                          Lol the second half of a game where they had to go to OT vs a before average WT team? I'm sorry but they aren't intentionally keeping games close. Their strategy isn't to be behind at half to Angelo so they can "open it up in the 3rd" lol. None of this makes any sort of sense. If you can put points up on a team you do it. End of story.

Comment

Not sure if it’s intentional. However this is season one with a new coach, new staff, and many kids who’ve never played together. Close game or not - these wins are impressive and they’ve earned some respect.

Comment

All I can say is that UTPB should be respected. The staff has done an excellent job with these young men. The young men work hard on and off of the field. It is more than football for everyone. When they say #FAMILY they mean it. These guys work well together and it is showing with the wins. We all have opinions about the calls that are made by the coaches but at the end of the day it is their job on the line.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X