ID:	789212

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Here we go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	RR2.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	789212
    Looks like LSC could get 2 slots in the playoffs regardless of the results of the UTPB-CWU game. Or am I being too optimistic?

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Looks like LSC could get 2 slots in the playoffs regardless of the results of the UTPB-CWU game. Or am I being too optimistic?
      If UTPB beats Western New Mexico this weekend then that clinches 2 LSC teams in the playoffs IMO.

Angelo State can also sneak in if upsets happen in the NSIC.

Comment

If UTPB beats Western New Mexico this weekend then that clinches 2 LSC teams in the playoffs IMO.

Angelo State can also sneak in if upsets happen in the NSIC.
        I just wish there was still hope for Kingsville. That CWU loss still stings. But hopefully Kingsville can win out and get one of those consolation bowl games.

Comment

Bemidji and Augustana play the last week of the season. Could be an elimination game depending on the rankings next week.

Was really hoping Angelo or Kingsville would be in the 8 spot. Wayne State beat Augustana in a driving snowstorm (they were outgained 289-20 and won!) and leapfrogged a bunch of teams. They’ll be favored to win their last two games too. I think Angelo’s in trouble for that reason and will need to win out and get help.

It looks good for two LSC teams getting in since CWU plays another contender. Will need to see how the rankings play out since PB is going to get an SOS hit this week. Don’t dare lose to WNMU!

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
            Bemidji and Augustana play the last week of the season. Could be an elimination game depending on the rankings next week.

Was really hoping Angelo or Kingsville would be in the 8 spot. Wayne State beat Augustana in a driving snowstorm (they were outgained 289-20 and won!) and leapfrogged a bunch of teams. They’ll be favored to win their last two games too. I think Angelo’s in trouble for that reason and will need to win out and get help.

It looks good for two LSC teams getting in since CWU plays another contender. Will need to see how the rankings play out since PB is going to get an SOS hit this week. Don’t dare lose to WNMU!
            I think Augustana is on upset watch this weekend. They play Northern State on the road and Northern State beat Wayne State in week 8.

If that happens I think Bemidji wins and knocks them out with 3 losses.

The Wayne State ranking really puzzles me.

I get they beat an undefeated Augustana team and Duluth but also lost to below .500 northern state and beat a non conference team that is 3-6.

Angelo State's losses are to teams with a combined 23-1 record and likely that stat will be 30-2 at seasons end.

Comment

I think Augustana is on upset watch this weekend. They play Northern State on the road and Northern State beat Wayne State in week 8.

I get they beat an undefeated Augustana team and Duluth but also lost to below .500 northern state and beat a non conference team that is 3-6.

Angelo State's losses are to teams with a combined 23-1 record and likely that stat will be 30-2 at seasons end.
              Funny enough I think this will be the record of Pueblo's 3 opponents they lost to as well. Grand Valley currently sitting at 7-1, Western at 8-1, and of course Mines at 9-0 with all being favored to win out. Wondering how SOS will shake out as Angelo's remaining opponents are a combined 7-10 and Pueblo's are a combined 10-8. Kingsville's last 2 opponents are the same as Angelo so also a current combined record of 7-10. Will be a crazy last couple of weeks in SR4.

Comment

Huh... I may have to think about going to the game if CWU makes the playoffs.

Comment

Wait a minute. NWMSU isn't in the R3 rankings, and looking at their schedule, they've lost 4 games? The sky must be falling over there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                    Huh... I may have to think about going to the game if CWU makes the playoffs.
                    Do it. You never know when your last opportunity for it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                      Wait a minute. NWMSU isn't in the R3 rankings, and looking at their schedule, they've lost 4 games? The sky must be falling over there.
                      It’s been falling since week 2:

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...re-rich-wright

Comment

Would be nice to have a full listing like Inkblot does so we can how far Wayne State came up the rankings with the one win. I guess they have the big win that Angelo doesn’t, but Angelo doesn’t have the losses they have.

Comment

Your Augustana on upset alert holds some merit, but not much. Augie's loss to Wayne in a driving snowstorm, with 3 inches on the ground. AU produced 289yds of offense Wayne had 20. You can read the stats yourself.
                          Football vs Wayne State on 10/28/2023 - Box Score - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)
                          Augustana has not lost to Northern St. since 2003
                          Vikings beat then #4 Minnesota St. Mankato a traditional D2 powerhouse 28-10 their only loss in dominating fashion.
                          Augustana at home, certainly could lose to Bemidji in 2 weeks. Bemidji lost to MN. St Mankato on their homecoming 27-24 denying the Beavers their homecoming traditional jump into beautiful lake Bemidji about 200 yards from the football field. Only the hands of time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Funny enough I think this will be the record of Pueblo's 3 opponents they lost to as well. Grand Valley currently sitting at 7-1, Western at 8-1, and of course Mines at 9-0 with all being favored to win out. Wondering how SOS will shake out as Angelo's remaining opponents are a combined 7-10 and Pueblo's are a combined 10-8. Kingsville's last 2 opponents are the same as Angelo so also a current combined record of 7-10. Will be a crazy last couple of weeks in SR4.
                            Pueblo really doesnt have a good "win" except for Midwestern State.

Angelo has beaten Kingsville and a decent West Alabama team that upset West Florida and most likely will finish 6-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Do it. You never know when your last opportunity for it will be.
                              Agreed!! Same situation with the Texas Rangers for me. I will probably be worm food or an asteroid strike the next time they get to a world series much less win it. If WT gets to that situation I will travel for every game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X