Clear All

• Week 11 Regional Rankings

Angelo State not dead yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RR11.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	792133

Not dead, but I’m not sure how a 3-loss ASU gets in over a 2-loss NSIC team that’s ahead of them, whoever it is. Maybe if two of the three NSIC teams ahead of them lose, then that’s enough chaos to get them in? They still have a lot of ground to make up.

I think the LSC winner gets the 2 or 3 spot and LSC second place is 5 or 6. Would love to see ASU get in but the numbers don't favor them against the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      Not dead, but I’m not sure how a 3-loss ASU gets in over a 2-loss NSIC team that’s ahead of them, whoever it is. Maybe if two of the three NSIC teams ahead of them lose, then that’s enough chaos to get them in? They still have a lot of ground to make up.

I think the LSC winner gets the 2 or 3 spot and LSC second place is 5 or 6. Would love to see ASU get in but the numbers don't favor them against the NSIC.
      Crazy Question: What would need to happen for Kingsville to get into the playoffs? Would Minnesota State, Angelo State, and Wayne State all losing be enough to let Kingsville into the playoff?

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Crazy Question: What would need to happen for Kingsville to get into the playoffs? Would Minnesota State, Angelo State, and Wayne State all losing be enough to let Kingsville into the playoff?
        Probably need the four teams ahead of them to all lose, but I couldn’t tell you how the numbers would work in that case. If it was an earned access case, it would be easier, but the LSC’s already got two that look like they’re in.

Comment

Probably need the four teams ahead of them to all lose, but I couldn’t tell you how the numbers would work in that case. If it was an earned access case, it would be easier, but the LSC’s already got two that look like they’re in.
          Chaos could be fun! 😁

Comment

I honestly think the gap between 7th and 8th is probably big enough that no one can move in or out.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              I honestly think the gap between 7th and 8th is probably big enough that no one can move in or out.
              You are probably right. After looking at the numbers closer, #1-7 are likely locked in.

Angelo State and Kingsville are both 1-3 against .500 or better teams. Angelo State's win in this case was against 6-3 Kingsville. Kingsville's win was against 6-3 West Georgia. West Georgia has tough game against 9-1 Valdosta State this week.

All teams at #1-7 have 1 loss or less against teams at or over .500 in those games.

Also, #9 Wayne State had a loss against a team under .500. All teams at #1-7 only have losses against teams at or over .500.

And then there is the fact that everyone #1-7 has 1 loss or less and everyone #8-10 has 3 losses.

With all this being said, it would take some major shockers and shananagans to get Angelo State or Kingsville into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

My chances are higher being named Time Magazine 2023 sexiest man of the year than Kingsville making the playoffs.

Comment

So at this point, CWU and UTPB are playing for a home playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                    So at this point, CWU and UTPB are playing for a home playoff game.
                    Yep.

Win the game and you enjoy a home game in most likely decent weather conditions.

Lose the game then get the ski coats and snow shovels ready to grind it out in Western Colorado and lower Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

My chances are higher being named Time Magazine 2023 sexiest man of the year than Kingsville making the playoffs.
                      You've got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep.

Win the game and you enjoy a home game in most likely decent weather conditions.

Lose the game then get the ski coats and snow shovels ready to grind it out in Western Colorado and lower Canada.
                        Someone on the RMAC board posted that the Western Colorado stadium construction has progressed enough for them to host a game.

Comment

Someone on the RMAC board posted that the Western Colorado stadium construction has progressed enough for them to host a game.
                          Not sure what's taken them so long with renovations but great news for Western.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X