Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of you WT fans that are Colby Carthel pumpers

You know, the guy that was going to succeed his father and take WT to the promised land? I took a quick look at SFA's record this year. He won 3 games, against traditional football powers Texas A&M Commerce, Northwestern LA, and and Acorn State.

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    You know, the guy that was going to succeed his father and take WT to the promised land? I took a quick look at SFA's record this year. He won 3 games, against traditional football powers Texas A&M Commerce, Northwestern LA, and and Acorn State.
    Herb I enjoy and agree with most of your comments but this one is extremely idiotic.

You must have been in a coma during the 2017 season.

2 years ago SFA barely lost to Tech by 6 points in Lubbock and lost in OT on the road to Incarnate Word in the playoffs.

At some point unless you are the top 1% of the coaches you will eventually hit a plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Herb I enjoy and agree with most of your comments but this one is extremely idiotic.

You must have been in a coma during the 2017 season.

2 years ago SFA barely lost to Tech by 6 points in Lubbock and lost in OT on the road to Incarnate Word in the playoffs.

At some point unless you are the top 1% of the coaches you will eventually hit a plateau.

As is the poster!

TO Herb Street : Don Carthel was the ONLY HC, in my opinion, that put WT football on the map. Didn't do sh!t before him; haven't done sh!t since him. PERIOD.

IF Colby was at WT, they would be NC contenders. Not a doubt in my mind. Colby was fantastic at the D2 level. SFA's entire conference situation is effed up and is hampering recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

TO Herb Street : Don Carthel was the ONLY HC, in my opinion, that put WT football on the map. Didn't do sh!t before him; haven't done sh!t since him. PERIOD.

IF Colby was at WT, they would be NC contenders. Not a doubt in my mind. Colby was fantastic at the D2 level. SFA's entire conference situation is effed up and is hampering recruiting.
        Thank You Pops. Excellent response

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Tb1eC...?feature=share

Comment

Whatever. You not THAT clever. 😃

Comment

Is carthel headed to Pitt to be OC?

Oh NM. That wouldn't make sense hebwasba DC, not an oc. I wonder if it's the current sfa.OC?
              Last edited by Predatory Primates; 12-14-2023, 06:35 PM.

Comment

In all fairness to Carthel, he misread the transfer portal. His idea to develop his recruits rather than plugging holes with transfers jumped up and bit him hard when his own players transferred.

Plus, his coaching staff was raided as well. It’s the nature of the beast. Not like Nacogdoches is a major draw either. Isolated in East Texas with NO Amarillo thirty minutes away.

Tough gig, folks there think Tarleton HC Whitten SFA grad could do better. I seriously doubt it.

it will get better but not overnight. The question is will the AD get impatient waiting? Fan base already checking out. Final straw was blowout loss to Tarleton for many.

Comment

Interesting article today.

Looks like Carthel is feeling some heat to turn things around.

His long term OC, Matt Storm, is leaving the program.

They both coached together under Don Carthel at WT.

SFA fans are starting to call for Carthel's head on facebook.

SFA parts with OC, longtime Carthel assistant (texasfootball.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                    Interesting article today.

Looks like Carthel is feeling some heat to turn things around.

His long term OC, Matt Storm, is leaving the program.

They both coached together under Don Carthel at WT.

SFA fans are starting to call for Carthel's head on facebook.

SFA parts with OC, longtime Carthel assistant (texasfootball.com)
                    I think Stephen Lee would do a good job there. He helped ACU to their best D1 record.

Comment

Colby is welcome back in the deuce any time he wants to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        Colby is welcome back in the deuce any time he wants to come.
                        Yeah until Northwest Missouri State makes their next head coaching change and hires Carthel there.

Old school NWMSU posters would lose their minds. 😃

Comment

I actually think Colby is quite a good coach if you look at his long term record. Point is that you can't just look at a season or two and judge a coach. I don't even recall who the new WT coach is, but it will take 3 years to find out if he's the guy. Then you have to figure out what that means. 7 wins a year average? 8? 9? Not many in the 8-9 category.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X