Kohen Matus 5'11 220 LB Clovis, NM
    Austin Haley 6’1 170 WR Prosper, Tx
    Trace Clarkson III 6’3 190 WR Aledo, Tx
    Joshua Murillo 5'10 175 DB Buda, Tx
    Itua Owobu 6'5 285 DL Houston Westside
    Juwan Jones 6'0 180 WR Houston Westside
    Darius Carquillat 6’4 210 LB/Edge All Saints Episcopal

Offered Tre'Jon Henderson RB CWU
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-07-2024, 09:27 AM.

I like the OL, Alexander, from Lubbock Estacado. Plays mean with an attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Caydin Blakely 6'4 260 DE/MLB Frenship, Tx
      Delton Johnson 6'1 SS/OLB Lubbock Estacado
      Darious Alexander 6'2 280 OL Lubbock Estacado
      Treshun Wilson 5'11 205 RB/OLB Amarillo Tascosa
      JayDon Hibbler 5'8 175 RB/WR Lubbock Cooper
      Emerson Cagle 6'1 210 RB/LB Aubreym Tx
      Devoryea Boyd 6'3 185 WR/DB Lubbock Estacado
      It's refreshing to see some local talent.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

It's refreshing to see some local talent.
        Yes and no.

You want the higher talent from the metroplex schools.

Most of these guys on the list get smoked and exposed in the later playoff rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yes and no.

You want the higher talent from the metroplex schools.

Most of these guys on the list get smoked and exposed in the later playoff rounds.
          I doubt they get much schollie $. You still need numbers. Out of 5 local kids, who don't cost much at all if anything, if you can find ONE who can play ball by their 2nd or 3rd year........great! I imagine Lynn's not counting on any of these local kids to be all-conference types. Those types are being offered by everyone. It's a matter of selling yourself and your program.

Comment

Anyone hear anything???
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              Anyone hear anything???
              Everything seems to be buttoned down.

Comment

Either that or there is a lot of missing going on. UTPB is cleaning house in the portal again. They will reload

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  Either that or there is a lot of missing going on. UTPB is cleaning house in the portal again. They will reload
                  Thats a great point.

What is the percentage of WT's roster with recruits vs. transfer portal?

Looks like we may be going the slow and steady route while UTPB is going old school WT way and building quick with former D1 players?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Thats a great point.

What is the percentage of WT's roster with recruits vs. transfer portal?

Looks like we may be going the slow and steady route while UTPB is going old school WT way and building quick with former D1 players?
                    Coach Lynn is no fool. I'd bet WT is hitting the portal hard. From my conversations with him, he knows in today's athletic world you need to win NOW, not 3 years down the road.

Comment

They actually had a large number of transfers on the team this year but it was heavily in NMMI and UNK players. Not many of the NMMI players were in the rotation.

I hope they are active and getting some now playmakers.

The new UTPB coach seems to be another Carthel in D2, going to out athlete you

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Coach Lynn is no fool. I'd bet WT is hitting the portal hard. From my conversations with him, he knows in today's athletic world you need to win NOW, not 3 years down the road.
                        Are you sure? He inherited a 2022 team that should have won 9 under someone competent, minus Gerber, who was really good. WT won 3 games with no apparent improvements in offense, defense, or special teams. He didn't use Bogardus who had wonderful stats for his other 4 years (15 catches in 2023 versus 51 in 2022).

I know several of you have said give Lynn 3-4 years, but Carthel won 10 in his first year. So did McCullough at UTPB in 2023; he inherited a 5-6 team.

I'm really tired of waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Are you sure? He inherited a 2022 team that should have won 9 under someone competent, minus Gerber, who was really good. WT won 3 games with no apparent improvements in offense, defense, or special teams. He didn't use Bogardus who had wonderful stats for his other 4 years (15 catches in 2023 versus 51 in 2022).

I know several of you have said give Lynn 3-4 years, but Carthel won 10 in his first year. So did McCullough at UTPB in 2023; he inherited a 5-6 team.

I'm really tired of waiting.
                          Same here. The wait is not fun and so I'm not optimistic about the future really. I would have liked to see more last year, they actually regressed as the season went on imo. Offensively, it was lack of a true QB1 last year. I don't think Kyle Brown or Weston Eget panned our like they thought and so Kanon Gibson was forced to do what he could as a true freshman.

I liked a lot of the changes they made from the Hughes regime but it certainly wasn't reassuring to see how the losses piled up last year.

Comment

Same here. The wait is not fun and so I'm not optimistic about the future really. I would have liked to see more last year, they actually regressed as the season went on imo. Offensively, it was lack of a true QB1 last year. I don't think Kyle Brown or Weston Eget panned our like they thought and so Kanon Gibson was forced to do what he could as a true freshman.

I liked a lot of the changes they made from the Hughes regime but it certainly wasn't reassuring to see how the losses piled up last year.
                            The team never recovered from the UTPB meltdown. They lost a game they should have won and the team lost a lot of fight.

Comment

I wasn't impressed with Brown at QB at all. I thought Eget looked buffoonish in his first game, but had some good numbers in his second. Gibson did show some good skills, but not consistently.

I'm curious about what positive changes you noticed. It seemed like more of the Hughes regime to me.

The head coach has to teach players how to win. Some can do it the first year, but ours didn't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X