Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Yeah all of the Amarillo media was covering the Amarillo Relays track meet this weekend.

The whole spring has been very hush hush on WT's end. Coaches put out a graphic on X with the spring schedule but there was no article or anything on the athletic website like normal. Certainly was no mention of this scrimmage or anything. The annual Maroon White game is on the 30th assuming the original schedule didn't get changed.
    It was also hush hush under Hughes his final few years. I don’t understand the reasoning.

Other than the players like Lynn more than Hughes there was no sign of improvement in any area last season.

How do the rest of you feel about the gray jerseys? I’m not a fan, the school colors are maroon and white!

Comment

I would have liked to have gone but it’s Probably hush hush because Pueblo opens with UTPB.

Comment

some of these posters are too hard on Josh Lynn, his approach may not be the same as the coach at PB, but Lynn has a track record of success at 2 schools who do not have rich tradition in the conferences they are currently in. Outside looking in it looks like perhaps Lynn is in it for the long haul and building a program, as opposed to planning on being onto the next one after 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin14 View Post
          some of these posters are too hard on Josh Lynn, his approach may not be the same as the coach at PB, but Lynn has a track record of success at 2 schools who do not have rich tradition in the conferences they are currently in. Outside looking in it looks like perhaps Lynn is in it for the long haul and building a program, as opposed to planning on being onto the next one after 2 years.
          My opinion only but I think the jury is going to be out if the "old way" of building a program with consistent 4 year starters can be successful.

You saw how quickly UTPB won the LSC Championship under their first year head coach (yes the experienced QB had a lot to do with it).

If I hit the 1.1 billion dollar lotto tomorrow night I could probably start football at Amarillo College and turn them into a D2 powerhouse with the NIL's out there.

Most WT fans out there that still care are tired of hearing the rebuild theme the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It was also hush hush under Hughes his final few years. I don’t understand the reasoning.

Other than the players like Lynn more than Hughes there was no sign of improvement in any area last season.

How do the rest of you feel about the gray jerseys? I’m not a fan, the school colors are maroon and white!
            I personally like the gray uniforms when they wear both gray pants and jerseys. I don't like it when they mix with another color jersey or pant. I mainly miss the maroon helmets I hate the white helmets Hughes brought back.

I saw an improvement in the roster size overall all but results are all that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
              I did not attend but I heard from a couple that did. They were not impressed with the Buffs. They said we did not look good.
              I heard the same thing from a friend who attended. He felt like CSU Pueblo looked far superior to WT. He thought that WT's transfer QB looked like an outstanding runner but didn't prove to be very accurate or comfortable throwing the ball.

Comment

This new D2 rule of getting to scrimmage is going to be a major positive I think for the programs who take advantage of it. Glad to see WT and CSUP work it out. We had some epic battles during my time with The Pack. I traveled to the scrimmage this weekend to check it out. WT’s facilities are top notch. The football team got absolutely dominated from both sessions that occurred. They did a practice fields session and then went into the stadium for situations. CSUP got after The Buffs from the start to the finish. Pueblo’s offense sputtered at times but their defense played lights out. Really excited about what this squad can be this year. I think the transfer QB for The Buffs can flat out run but his arm is questionable. They need to get some weapons out at WR. I think the Buffs will be a 6-5 type ball club this year. If Pueblo plays to the level they have shown they could be a 12-13 win type team

Comment

Did West Texas look any better in their Spring Game vs themselves? I'm joking.... I don't know how you can tell if a team looks good in a Spring Game. If the Defense looks good it might also mean the Offense is bad and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
                    Did West Texas look any better in their Spring Game vs themselves? I'm joking.... I don't know how you can tell if a team looks good in a Spring Game. If the Defense looks good it might also mean the Offense is bad and vice versa.
                    As a general ruule,If the O looks better than the D in the spring, it's probably gonna be a long year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPack51783 View Post
                      This new D2 rule of getting to scrimmage is going to be a major positive I think for the programs who take advantage of it. Glad to see WT and CSUP work it out. We had some epic battles during my time with The Pack. I traveled to the scrimmage this weekend to check it out. WT’s facilities are top notch. The football team got absolutely dominated from both sessions that occurred. They did a practice fields session and then went into the stadium for situations. CSUP got after The Buffs from the start to the finish. Pueblo’s offense sputtered at times but their defense played lights out. Really excited about what this squad can be this year. I think the transfer QB for The Buffs can flat out run but his arm is questionable. They need to get some weapons out at WR. I think the Buffs will be a 6-5 type ball club this year. If Pueblo plays to the level they have shown they could be a 12-13 win type team
                      Lynn has also said WR is a position they need to improve, yet last year he elected to not use Noah Bogardus, who was All-LSC for the Buffs and had a great career at Azuza Pacific. Bogardus had entered the transfer portal until Hughes was fired, then came back to warm the bench (1.5 receptions per game) under Lynn.

GP R YD TD L PG Avg PG
                      11 38 689 4 82 3.5 18.1 62.6
                      11 51 837 5 64 4.6 16.4 76.1
                      10 15 161 0 23 1.5 10.7 16.1
                      So we have a new QB who can't pass very well? Yeah sounds like a need for WRs. Just get some that make good grades (Bogardus did).

Sure Lynn just needs a few more years to field a decent team. What's a few more years after waiting 10?

Comment

Lynn has also said WR is a position they need to improve, yet last year he elected to not use Noah Bogardus, who was All-LSC for the Buffs and had a great career at Azuza Pacific. Bogardus had entered the transfer portal until Hughes was fired, then came back to warm the bench (1.5 receptions per game) under Lynn.

GP R YD TD L PG Avg PG
                        11 38 689 4 82 3.5 18.1 62.6
                        11 51 837 5 64 4.6 16.4 76.1
                        10 15 161 0 23 1.5 10.7 16.1
                        So we have a new QB who can't pass very well? Yeah sounds like a need for WRs. Just get some that make good grades (Bogardus did).

Sure Lynn just needs a few more years to field a decent team. What's a few more years after waiting 10?
                        The transfer QB's passing was okay, not great not bad, okay. His running ability is exceptional. He looked like the best athlete on the field. Do NOT let him get loose. How that translates to this fall, who knows.

If I'm an incoming freshman RB and show some stuff, play time will be there. Defense played hard nose at the line. We look to have more speed at the corner. I have a feeling some incoming WRs and RBs will get an opportunity to play as freshmen. After rewatching all their videos, we have some talent at those positions coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The transfer QB's passing was okay, not great not bad, okay. His running ability is exceptional. He looked like the best athlete on the field. Do NOT let him get loose. How that translates to this fall, who knows.

If I'm an incoming freshman RB and show some stuff, play time will be there. Defense played hard nose at the line. We look to have more speed at the corner. I have a feeling some incoming WRs and RBs will get an opportunity to play as freshmen. After rewatching all their videos, we have some talent at those positions coming in.
                          Does anyone know the name of the best athlete on the field/but just okay at passing?Has he played for Lynn before?

I thought we had talent last year…

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the best athlete on the field/but just okay at passing?Has he played for Lynn before?

I thought we had talent last year…
                            Why don't you check him out and tell us what you think.

Sean Johnson, Jr., 6'2 185. Played 2 years at Kearney for Lynn. Several Hudl videos on him. He must have been injured his sr year in HS. He only played 6 games bit still scored 17 TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why don't you check him out and tell us what you think.

Sean Johnson, Jr., 6'2 185. Played 2 years at Kearney for Lynn. Several Hudl videos on him. He must have been injured his sr year in HS. He only played 6 games bit still scored 17 TDs.
                              Thank you. I did watch some of his high school play and he looked good. His college record is not impressive. Hopefully that will change at WT.

https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...hnson-jr-/8456

Comment

Thank you. I did watch some of his high school play and he looked good. His college record is not impressive. Hopefully that will change at WT.

https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...hnson-jr-/8456
                                He was stuck behind TJ Davis, 2 time MIAA Offensive POY, twice Harlon Hill finalist. Davis wasn't much of a passer either.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-07-2024, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X