Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the QB is the best athlete on the field, you base your offense around him. Lots of electric QBs that are just "OK" passers with top 25 college teams. RPOs and let them do their deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thank you. I did watch some of his high school play and he looked good. His college record is not impressive. Hopefully that will change at WT.

https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...hnson-jr-/8456
      A lot of QB's college records aren't going to be impressive playing in the MIAA against Pitt State and Northwest.

The LSC no longer has any schools (ASU came the closet in 2021 and 2022 recently) that can sniff the MIAA's jock for the foreseeable future.

The LSC in my mind is wide open and if an athlete like him can catch fire and figure it out then WT "could" (could - not saying "will") surprise some teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

A lot of QB's college records aren't going to be impressive playing in the MIAA against Pitt State and Northwest.

The LSC no longer has any schools (ASU came the closet in 2021 and 2022 recently) that can sniff the MIAA's jock for the foreseeable future.

The LSC in my mind is wide open and if an athlete like him can catch fire and figure it out then WT "could" (could - not saying "will") surprise some teams.
        If you had looked at the link I provided, you would have seen that Johnson Jr has had just 15 rushing attempts and 26 passing attempts in his 2 years of play. The numbers are pretty good, but that doesn't mean they would be if he were the starter.

I tend to agree with the rest of your comments, but could you please leave out comments like "sniffing the MIAA's jock"? That's junior high humor and disgusting.

Comment

I tend to agree with the rest of your comments, but could you please leave out comments like "sniffing the MIAA's jock"? That's junior high humor and disgusting.

that's actually pretty high-level compared to a lot of other needless garbage I see on this forum.

Comment

If you had looked at the link I provided, you would have seen that Johnson Jr has had just 15 rushing attempts and 26 passing attempts in his 2 years of play. The numbers are pretty good, but that doesn't mean they would be if he were the starter.

Also true but he provides a legitimate running threat that WT has not had due to scheme and talent issues.

What do they have to lose?

10 years and counting.

I will try to refrain from my immature humor at times.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

that's actually pretty high-level compared to a lot of other needless garbage I see on this forum.
              Welcome back to the board MoosePops!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Also true but he provides a legitimate running threat that WT has not had due to scheme and talent issues.

What do they have to lose?

10 years and counting.

I will try to refrain from my immature humor at times.
                If you look up d2football on wikepedia it describes it as "an internet site dedicated to NCAA D2 football, It is primarily frequented by immature men engaging in childish humor, senseless debate, and delusions of grandeur as they attempt to recapture their glorious high school football days by projecting expertise they seldom possess."

So, you're okay with immature humor. We all are.
                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-09-2024, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it as I have been traveling, but is the WT Spring game already done? I don't understand why there is such a cloak of secrecy over the practices and game.

A few people in this room seem to care about the football program - maybe we are the only ones that do, including the administration.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it as I have been traveling, but is the WT Spring game already done? I don't understand why there is such a cloak of secrecy over the practices and game.

A few people in this room seem to care about the football program - maybe we are the only ones that do, including the administration.
                    I posted my thoughts on the spring game earlier in the thread. There was a pretty good crowd, maybe 500.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I posted my thoughts on the spring game earlier in the thread. There was a pretty good crowd, maybe 500.
                      Are these the comments you are referring to? I thought they were related to the scrimmage with CSUP.

"The transfer QB's passing was okay, not great not bad, okay. His running ability is exceptional. He looked like the best athlete on the field. Do NOT let him get loose. How that translates to this fall, who knows.

If I'm an incoming freshman RB and show some stuff, play time will be there. Defense played hard nose at the line. We look to have more speed at the corner. I have a feeling some incoming WRs and RBs will get an opportunity to play as freshmen. After rewatching all their videos, we have some talent at those positions coming in."

Comment

Are these the comments you are referring to? I thought they were related to the scrimmage with CSUP.

"The transfer QB's passing was okay, not great not bad, okay. His running ability is exceptional. He looked like the best athlete on the field. Do NOT let him get loose. How that translates to this fall, who knows.

If I'm an incoming freshman RB and show some stuff, play time will be there. Defense played hard nose at the line. We look to have more speed at the corner. I have a feeling some incoming WRs and RBs will get an opportunity to play as freshmen. After rewatching all their videos, we have some talent at those positions coming in."
                        The spring game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X