Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the wt wbb thread??

This time of year we are usually bombarded with WT WBB threads and posts.

I am baffled why such a lengthy tradition is missing this year?

Anyone?

Looks like they will make the LSC tourney so you will see a few more posts than expected.

You have definitely released the hounds of hades since the men will make a probable deep run.

Comment

WT women will make the LSC tourney after playing better the last several games. But they will have to win the LSC tourney to make the regional and I don’t see that happening. Hope I’m wrong.
      WT men, on the other hand, have won another LSC championship. And could very possibly host the regional tourney.
      Last edited by oldbuff; 02-26-2024, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
        WT women will make the LSC tourney after playing better the last several games. But they will have to win the LSC tourney to make the tegional and I don’t see that happening. Hope I’m wrong.
        WT men, on the other hand, have won another LSC championship. And could very possibly host the regional tourney.
        Why has no one spoke about them.l this season?

That was always the running joke that WT posters would start talking about WBB during football season.

I don't follow baskie-ball, especially DII, so I am ignorant to what's happening.

Comment

IMO, the first half of the season, they didn't play hard, they didn't shoot well, they seemed to lack enthusiasm, leadership was a question mark. In recent weeks, things have improved. I believe they were 11-9 and are now 18-10. Not up to Lady Buff snuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Why has no one spoke about them.l this season?

That was always the running joke that WT posters would start talking about WBB during football season.

I don't follow baskie-ball, especially DII, so I am ignorant to what's happening.
            Well you know its a rough time to be a buffs fan when the football and womens basketball team are below par.

If the mens basketball and womens volleyball team go down the crapper this place might get as quiet as the SIAC forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              IMO, the first half of the season, they didn't play hard, they didn't shoot well, they seemed to lack enthusiasm, leadership was a question mark. In recent weeks, things have improved. I believe they were 11-9 and are now 18-10. Not up to Lady Buff snuff.
              I saw where they won 5 in a row.

They have a big home and home series coming up with LCU this weekend before the LSC tournament starts.

If they can somehow sweep they could finish 3rd in the East with 20 wins going into the LSC tournament.

Good thing is they are starting to get hot at the right time and maybe 22-11 could be enough if they at least make the tournament final?

Comment

The Lady Buffs simply have not played up to expectations. For whatever reason it took half a year to jell.
                They can beat anyone in the league. Defeating ASU by 13 at ASU and UT Tyler by 20 at home shows that.
                The biggest disappointment has been the play of our D1 transfers. Grace (PG) is the only one to make a significant
                contribution and she is inconsistent.

If Wt could make the LSC tournament finals that could get them in the NCAA tournament.
                It would still be a disappointing year by Lady Buff's standards.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  But coming on later in the season when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                    The Lady Buffs simply have not played up to expectations. For whatever reason it took half a year to jell.
                    They can beat anyone in the league. Defeating ASU by 13 at ASU and UT Tyler by 20 at home shows that.
                    The biggest disappointment has been the play of our D1 transfers. Grace (PG) is the only one to make a significant
                    contribution and she is inconsistent.

If Wt could make the LSC tournament finals that could get them in the NCAA tournament.
                    It would still be a disappointing year by Lady Buff's standards.
                    The more I look at both the LSC and RMAC standings, the more important it is for WT to sweep LCU and possibly a third win against them in the LSC tournament to get them in the rear view mirror and in position to be the clear 4th place LSC team and last team selected if they dont win the LSC tournament.

If a 5th place team or below wins either the RMAC or LSC tournament then that would eliminate WT entirely in my opinion.

Lets hope they get on a great run and get that automatic bid.

Comment

After a disappointing season and losing 3 of our 5 starters Wt will need to bring in some impact players.
                      After a brief conversation with the coaching staff, Wt is doing just that. This recruiting class has good balance.
                      As of now, 4 Freshmen, 1 Sophmore and 2 Jr's. There will be some surprise recruits in this class.
                      This will give Wt a roster of 14.

Comment

There are 9 athletes on the roster classified as Junior or younger excluding Karley M and Jayla B. There are 7 recruits “as of now” and the roster will be at 14 for next season. This means athletes from last year’s team retiring or hitting the transfer portal. My assumption is there are more than 2 moving on. My sense is 3 or 4 are leaving which means there could be 8 or 9 new athletes on next year’s team. Not sure who is leaving but sure hope Kane (5) and Stadler (0) are staying.

I am not drinking the same koolaid you are. Last year’s recruiting class was a bust, there is a leadership void on the returning roster and all these new players need to be onboarded and integrated.

I hope these “surprise” recruits can really contribute and do not end up being over hyped benchwarmers who were liabilities on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayman View Post
                          There are 9 athletes on the roster classified as Junior or younger excluding Karley M and Jayla B. There are 7 recruits “as of now” and the roster will be at 14 for next season. This means athletes from last year’s team retiring or hitting the transfer portal. My assumption is there are more than 2 moving on. My sense is 3 or 4 are leaving which means there could be 8 or 9 new athletes on next year’s team. Not sure who is leaving but sure hope Kane (5) and Stadler (0) are staying.

I am not drinking the same koolaid you are. Last year’s recruiting class was a bust, there is a leadership void on the returning roster and all these new players need to be onboarded and integrated.

I hope these “surprise” recruits can really contribute and do not end up being over hyped benchwarmers who were liabilities on the court.
                          There are 5 players who are not returning, none are entering the portal. You will really like the two players coming FROM the portal and two local players who have signed LOI and have not been announced. Josh is also bringing his staff to full strength with another coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

There are 5 players who are not returning, none are entering the portal. You will really like the two players coming FROM the portal and two local players who have signed LOI and have not been announced. Josh is also bringing his staff to full strength with another coach.
                            Also a juco PG coming.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X