Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMCrookston

We've been thru this many times but something needs to be done. UMC should go D3 and join fellow UMM.

Re: UMCrookston

Originally posted by Fan1 View Post
    We've been thru this many times but something needs to be done. UMC should go D3 and join fellow UMM.
    The 2 schools are less than 3 hours apart; they could start a nice Rivalry!

Comment

Agree, if there is a DIII conference or NAIA that would take them. I'm sure there are many reasons why they are not very competitive year after year in the NSIC. Has to be a discouraging situation there.

Comment

Providing an enjoyable experience for your student athletes should be a priority for a higher education institution, which does not seem to be a so at UMC. Crookston has made no attempt to upgrade facilities and is a coaching carousal. Surely moving to D3 would fit their athletic budget better and provide a competitive environment for their student athletes.

Comment

The UMAC has shown no interest in inviting them according to a source close to the situation. The NAIA North Star would snatch them up in a heartbeat. UMC themselves don't seem to be interested in moving to D3 or NAIA.

It was a great move for Morris. They used to be a power in the NIC but when the administration decided to downgrade athletics it became downright embarrassing.

Comment

Tough one. I don't have any particular allegiance to Crookston, but sympathize with the players and their plight. They're the ones who suffer the most.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                The UMAC has shown no interest in inviting them according to a source close to the situation. The NAIA North Star would snatch them up in a heartbeat. UMC themselves don't seem to be interested in moving to D3 or NAIA.

It was a great move for Morris. They used to be a power in the NIC but when the administration decided to downgrade athletics it became downright embarrassing.
                Why did U Morris move down to D3 again?

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                  Why did U Morris move down to D3 again?
                  I could be wrong, but when Morris first moved to Division II, I don't think they offered any scholarships at all. Then for a brief time, did offer funding, but found it difficult to maintain and that's primarily the reason they dropped back to Division III.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

There was one or two maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Have not seen any since then that I can recall. You're right; has to be very difficult to be a student athlete in that situation.
                    About the only sport I can recall UMC being fairly competitive in is women's BB. And last year, their baseball team was fairly decent.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

If Crookston doesn't want to go NAIA or D3 that's their prerogative, albeit not a wise one. What I also don't understand is why the UMAC wouldn't want them? Any word as to why Laker? It's not like the conference is privates only like the MIAC or GPAC. You would think a 9-team conference would love a 10th member and secure even more stability for themselves.
                      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

If Crookston left, would the NSIC settle for a 15-team conference? The numbers don't jive.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                          If Crookston left, would the NSIC settle for a 15-team conference? The numbers don't jive.
                          You're forgetting about Kelby's dream to take Augustana D1...

Comment

Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post
                            You're forgetting about Kelby's dream to take Augustana D1...
                            It's Kelby's dream, Augie may go if Kelby throws a lot of cash Augie's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                              If Crookston doesn't want to go NAIA or D3 that's their prerogative, albeit not a wise one. What I also don't understand is why the UMAC wouldn't want them? Any word as to why Laker? It's not like the conference is privates only like the MIAC or GPAC. You would think a 9-team conference would love a 10th member and secure even more stability for themselves.
                              From what I was told during halftime of a UMAC game they don't have a "travel partner". In a conference that has several associate members for football you would think that they would take anyone who sponsors the sport.

A couple of years ago Mankato Bethany talked about adding football (they have men's soccer). But yesterday before the Mav game my Bethany source said that they are moving their baseball off campus to Franklin Rogers Park, where the Mankato Moondogs play and where they hold the regional if MSU hosts. So they will be spending money redoing their soccer field and evidently adding a track or at least a place to practice track. I was hoping that they would have added football but it doesn't sound likely now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X