Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - John Gagliardi dies

Obviously not NSIC, but the winningest coach in College Football History, the most significant sports figure in Central Minnesota and a man who casts a very long shadow across all of lower-division football in Minnesota. He will be missed. Tom Linneman wrote a great article for The Athletic in his memory.

Re: OT - John Gagliardi dies

I heard about that the other day... he was a great coach but even a better person. Sad news. RIP.

Comment

Sad day for all of college football! He touched so many lives in a positive way and left a lasting mark for generations to come! RIP John

Comment

I played for Coach Malosky in the mid 1970s we were still in the MIAC, had great games vs St. Johns. We went full go with pads everyday day, I heard SJU practiced without pads and did not hit in practice, I remember thinking why the heck was I at UMD. Gag was one of the few coaches that had a winning record vs Coach Mo.
        Last edited by Umdfan35; 10-10-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
          I played for Coach Malosky in the mid 1970s we were still in the MIAC, had great games vs St. Johns. We went full go with pads everyday day, I heard SJU practiced without pads and did not hit in practice, I remember thinking why the heck was I at UMD. Gag was one of the few coaches that had a winning record vs Coach Mo.
          I loved John's coaching philosophy. "Winning with no" https://sites.google.com/site/coachj...e/list-of-no-s

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X