Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Has anyone heard if the Mavs/UST game will be held at the outdoor rink or at the arena? I hope it's outside, but I get it if they choose to hold it at the arena.

My plan is to make a weekend out of this if I'm still living within driving distance in January. Heck, I may still go even if I'm not.
    It will be outdoors. My understanding is that this game is NOT included in the season ticket package.

Comment

Anyone going to the games Saturday? Was hoping to go but tickets were more than I thought and decided it wasn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
        Anyone going to the games Saturday? Was hoping to go but tickets were more than I thought and decided it wasn't worth it.
        I've spent enough time outside when it was nice the past two days helping cut down seven big pine trees and putting the branches through the chipper. If I go anywhere this weekend it is going to be inside for basketball.

Comment

Oof, I'd planned on like $20 - I think that's what it was when I went in St. Paul. Granted, there wasn't a college game packaged in, but still...

It would be a better deal if we got to see East v. West, a AA game, and if the Mavs didn't play a D3 team - but alas, I'll still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oof, I'd planned on like $20 - I think that's what it was when I went in St. Paul. Granted, there wasn't a college game packaged in, but still...

It would be a better deal if we got to see East v. West, a AA game, and if the Mavs didn't play a D3 team - but alas, I'll still be there.
            Its a joke that the Mankato high schools aren't on tv, Hockey exists outside of the twin cities. Watching the tommies get destroyed in person would be fun but they should have scheduled Duluth or St. Cloud State.

Comment

Its a joke that the Mankato high schools aren't on tv, Hockey exists outside of the twin cities. Watching the tommies get destroyed in person would be fun but they should have scheduled Duluth or St. Cloud State.
              HDM being run by FSN- now Bally, is going to do what's best for TV ratings. I wholeheartedly disagree with relegating E v. W from Saturday, which, ironically would look a whole lot better on TV than EGF/Prior lake. As much as a monster matchup I'm told that game is. This has to be one of the first times the host hasn't participated on Saturday.

As for UST, I'm guessing that's just how the CCHA's schedule played out. Despite not having a football team, Bally loves SCSU. Not as much as the Gophers, but more than the others. If I'm in charge, I'm going with BSU (hockey rivalry) or UMD (football rivalry).

I went to Hockey Day South Dakota last week - a much more modest event, but a fairly wholesome one for what it was. Saw Waterville beat Yankton, then saw Omaha beat the Stampede dressed in SF Flyers jerseys. No TV cameras, and did both indoors for $26.

Comment

The Blake looks amazing. It has to be the largest setup in HDM history, and I have a feeling they will surely fill it tomorrow night. I heard E v. W drew 3,500 alone.

The stand with the ads looks a little tacky, but I get it. I kinda prefer shifting the rink away from the midfield towards the home stand. The big tent has a band stage this year too, which is cool. Not sure if they've done that in the past.

I've also been trying to grab the attention of the powers that be at MSU to make sure the bell gets rung after they beat UST tomorrow. We'll see if it worked...

Comment

Feels like im watching a JV Varsity scrimage. As much as I wish i could be there the view from the living room under a couple blankets is pretty nice and warm.

Comment

Mankato had 7 goals, UST had 6 shots. Talk about a beating.

Comment

Feels like im watching a JV Varsity scrimage. As much as I wish i could be there the view from the living room under a couple blankets is pretty nice and warm.
                      I'm still cold. Like my bones are chilled. Even with the fires and band tent. Worth it - but I won't do it again for a while.

Did not care for the opponent, and there were some chants about said disappointment "Pay-For-Play!" was my favorite.

Comment

The Blake was full - the stand was full, the temporary bleachers were full, the VIP section was full, the tent was full, the videoboard area was full, the bar area behind the stand was full - and there was still a group trying to get in. It was by far the largest crowd in HDM history, by a substantial margin.

The Victory Bell was essentially used as a marker to dump snow, which didn't seem to fly for a couple of us - but it was rung at the end of the night.

Lastly, wearing a bright yellow coat gets you into places you're really not meant to go, such as the rink. Pretty amazing view from down there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X