Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities has backtracked on it's cancellation of commencement ceremonies, saying they are now just postponed.

I'm not entirely sure how that applies to every campus of the University of Minnesota - sometimes they can be a little weird in their governance like that. Sometimes every campus functions as a satellite of the mothership, sometimes they are their own separate institutions. Minnesota State does not operate like this, at least to the same degree.

Even more weird, I can't find any information on Rochester's campus and their COVID-19 plans. I just assumed that if the other four closed, they would as well.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Equal time must be allowed.

Ahhhhh there we go.... My 40 year old Dekalb foam-lined trucker style hat is still one of the most comfortable hats I own. Thanks gramps.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    And, to further derail things on this misty day, I have several of these pins that I was awarded in FFA. Attended the 302 Bushel Challenge banquet in Marshall too!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    This thread derailment is offending this grandson of a longtime Dekalb salesman and farmer.
    Equal time must be allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I missed a bit in there:

-All staff and faculty have been asked not to return to campus, unless their jobs absolutely require them to do so.

-All staff and faculty with young children and no other options for care will be allowed to make arrangements as necessary with no damage to sick leave or PTO.

-Research deemed non-major will be discontinued. Major research will be allowed to continue. The only research allowed to expand has to be related to COVID-19.

I would expect Minnesota State to follow closely behind.
    This is more or less what has happened down here at Vanderbilt. All the University research labs have been shutdown and we are work from home for minimum 2 weeks. The Vanderbilt Medical Center is continuing operations for the time being, because of their support to the hospital and clinics. Wild times.

The undergrads were sent home last week? Seems like ages ago. But what really set the wheels in motion was a student returning from Spain for spring break who came down with symptoms and tested positive. He went straight home to isolate but 10 of his buddies were confirmed positive this week. Confirming the shut down was a good call at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    This thread derailment is offending this grandson of a longtime Dekalb salesman and farmer.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    These lined ones too.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    This was my favorite. I didn't wear the collar up though.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Every trick comes with a complimentary Pioneer seed corn jacket.

No explanation for the last post
    We had one of those nice kelly green spring jackets for years. Not sure what happened to it- I think I gave it to a friend of my brother's who was visiting. There seed corn is so darn expensive now, we buy seed from a local dealer much more cheaply.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I thought about becoming a male prostitute like Fred Garvin. Although I might have to do it by phone to keep social distance. I bet that Great Lakes Feed and Grain would hire me- if that isn't IBC's territory already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphfMd4_LCs

No explanation for the last post

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I missed a bit in there:

-All staff and faculty have been asked not to return to campus, unless their jobs absolutely require them to do so.

-All staff and faculty with young children and no other options for care will be allowed to make arrangements as necessary with no damage to sick leave or PTO.

-Research deemed non-major will be discontinued. Major research will be allowed to continue. The only research allowed to expand has to be related to COVID-19.

I would expect Minnesota State to follow closely behind.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I haven't kept track of the U, but I just read their new letter, so I apologize if this is old information:

-In-Person classes are cancelled. All instruction will move online.

-All events and activities are cancelled, including commencement.

-The library is closed.

-Students have been asked to vacate the residence halls. They are allowing students to stay if they have no other options, but are asking students to leave.

-Students who stay will most likely be consolidated into as few buildings as possible to cut staff.

I would assume this will apply to every campus.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The University of Mary has folded. They will stop holding in-person classes.

They are the final NSIC school to close.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X