Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I should also mention, I'm using the terms "open" and "closed" fairly loosely, and it's in reference to their in-person course schedule. "Open" and "Closed" doesn't necessarily apply to the physical campus buildings or cessation of class offerings - almost all colleges I've looked at are moving everything online.

The only college in South Dakota currently "open" is Sinte Gleska University, a private tribal university in Mission. It looks like they are planning to evaluate after Spring Break, but currently have no plans to hold classes online.

As it affects me - I'm finding online classes themselves being tweaked. I'm in 10 credits at MSU, and since I can't be there in person every class I'm taking right now is online. Things are getting shifted around there as well, albeit not as dramatically. I'm having a tough time getting through to professors to ask what the situation is, understandably so as they have a lot on their plate right now.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Keep it coming. I like seeing how places back home are handling this.
    Sure. It's really down to the two grad-schools (neither of which I can find an update for) and Mary. I may expand my search to South Dakota or Iowa in the coming days since Minnesota is about wrapped up.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Heard the baseball season may not happen at all and the NFL season could be at risk. Might be time to find some new hobbies.
    I thought about becoming a male prostitute like Fred Garvin. Although I might have to do it by phone to keep social distance. I bet that Great Lakes Feed and Grain would hire me- if that isn't IBC's territory already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphfMd4_LCs

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    [LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=inherit]Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.
    Keep it coming. I like seeing how places back home are handling this.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Never heard of the first two and had no idea Hazelden had a graduate school.
    Yeah. It seems kind of interesting:

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/ed...iction-studies

Adler is a graduate school for psychology majors in Minnetonka. It's a very small school, but it's decent from what I've been told. They put up a lot of flyers in our Social Sciences building.

The list I was using on Wikipedia had Academy College listed as a private-NFP based out of Bloomington, but Niche has it listed as a for-profit. I wasn't really tracking those since they are more-or-less businesses. The college looks like it offers Aviation, Business, and IT degrees, but there's not a lot of other info out there on them.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Go ahead- there isn't much else to post about.

BLHS school was two hours late today- they are basically telling kids to take everything home for the long haul. New Ulm schools sound like they are doing the same thing.

I doubt if I will get to see the San Francisco Giants play the Twins in May. They are the last MLB team that I haven't seen in person.
    Heard the baseball season may not happen at all and the NFL season could be at risk. Might be time to find some new hobbies.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.

NSIC:

-University of Mary (Classes to still be held as I understand it, with strong changes to who will be on campus)

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC

-Academy College
    -Adler Graduate School
    -Hazelden Graduate School

(These three haven't given any updates)

Never heard of the first two and had no idea Hazelden had a graduate school.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

BLHS school was two hours late today- they are basically telling kids to take everything home for the long haul. New Ulm schools sound like they are doing the same thing.

I doubt if I will get to see the San Francisco Giants play the Twins in May. They are the last MLB team that I haven't seen in person.
    Sounds good. I doubt I'll see much of anything from the 3 remaining, but Mary is of a fascination to me - I wonder why they are dragging their feet.

I know the local school had today scheduled off, but it sounds like they are bringing everyone back in tomorrow, then sending them home again for the long haul.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    [LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=inherit]Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.

NSIC:

-University of Mary (Classes to still be held as I understand it, with strong changes to who will be on campus)

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC

-Academy College
    -Adler Graduate School
    -Hazelden Graduate School

(These three haven't given any updates)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I'm not going to lie, this statement from the University of Mary is pretty bizarre.

https://www.umary.edu/student-life/c...ity/health.php

As I understand it, Mary will continue to hold courses on campus for students who remain on campus, but are requesting students not on campus to not travel.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    https://northernsun.org/news/2020/3/...pionships.aspx

NSIC officially cancels 2020 spring sports season and championships

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Wayne State finally has decided to extend spring break another week and then go from there. Online classes will still meet as scheduled next week, but no on-campus classes for at least another week.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Maybe could get some of these to join the NSIC. :)
    Hahaha, that would be awesome.

Both Oak Hills and Leech Lake have sports, they could have one hell of a rivalry with Bemidji State :D

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied
    Meh. I'm bored. Here's a list of schools that are OPEN - as in, have not modified their class schedules...

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC (*no updates)

-Oak Hills Christian*
    -Leech Lake Tribal College*
    -Academy College*
    -Adler Graduate School*
    -Hazelden Graduate School*
    -Luther Seminary*
    -Mayo Clinic Colleges* (You'd think one of the top medical schools in the world would be onto something like this?)
    -NWHSU*
    -United Seminary*

(Bet some of you didn't know we had so many weird colleges, huh? *wink)
    Maybe could get some of these to join the NSIC. :)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X