• Show
Clear All

• MaxMarauder53
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post

I like the "hype video" showing the new logo, but the logo still seems a bit basic, even with the mascot restraints.
    Agree. Thought the video was pretty cool. The resulting logos though....meh at best.

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I like the "hype video" showing the new logo, but the logo still seems a bit basic, even with the mascot restraints.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Ahem......a practice bubble would be nice.
    I'd like a full-on indoor practice facility. Build it right across from SS on the practice fields.

I know that won't happen, but one can dream.

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    New coach, new logo, new era-an exciting time for Wayne fans.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    I think switching around the black and yellow on the wildcat would've been an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I've noticed the stadium is starting to show a little wear and tear. That's to be expected for a 12 year old stadium exposed to some harsh elements. It would be neat if we could spruce it up in the next 5-6 years - not a full-on renovation, just brighten the place up a little. I know that's overly ambitious though.
    Ahem......a practice bubble would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    I was wondering why the font seemed somewhat familiar.... Hope DC comics doesn't come after WSC

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    I know. That thing is so generic and so similar to a ton of "Wildcat' logos at other schools.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    They should take the soccer lines off too. I kid, kinda.

I've noticed the stadium is starting to show a little wear and tear. That's to be expected for a 12 year old stadium exposed to some harsh elements. It would be neat if we could spruce it up in the next 5-6 years - not a full-on renovation, just brighten the place up a little. I know that's overly ambitious though.

Anyway - back on topic, I read your comment about the Wildcat logo and it made me think of this. Noticeably different, but still kinda close too...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Technically SMSU didn't get rid of the old Mustang, at least that's what they said at the time. But you rarely see it any more, I think Mattke Field midfield and R/A Facility are about the only prominent sightings of it at the moment.
    Yeah - that's what I meant. They "got rid of it" as the primary logo.

There's a couple more. It's painted on the wall of Bellows on the first floor, it's featured in the Fogarty murals in R/A, and the head is also used in the Mustang Zone neon sign. It may also be in the collage above the bookstore, I can't remember.

The bookstore also still uses it on clothing from time to time, so it must still sell for them.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Technically SMSU didn't get rid of the old Mustang, at least that's what they said at the time. But you rarely see it any more, I think Mattke Field midfield and R/A Facility are about the only prominent sightings of it at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    That being said, the "other" Wayne State also has a "W" logo. They are pretty different, but I'm all about uniqueness and brand differentiation. That's why I'm thankful SMSU got rid of the SMU F*rd Mustang logo.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    The W could work. And I actually dig the new font. Wonder if the WSC on the paw will get a font makeover then.
    I was wondering too about the font on the paw mascot. I'd imagine if they do update it on some places, they aren't going to reproduce every logo on campus with the new font.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X