X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The fact that they went outside of the university to find an interim AD does not go unnoticed by me.
    Yeah - like you said earlier, Steinbach was who I was thinking. Odd.

I'm just glad they didn't hire some guy with "credentials" from the west coast with no connection to the program. That hasn't ended so well for a lot of schools recently.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Interesting. I'm glad they hired a local guy who was a former athlete. Only interim, but still impactful.
    The fact that they went outside of the university to find an interim AD does not go unnoticed by me.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    We have our man.

Interesting. I'm glad they hired a local guy who was a former athlete. Only interim, but still impactful.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    We have our man.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Any ties to Weiner Memorial? I would assume so.
    No. Spelled differently. Weiner/Wiener.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

You'll notice a local connection on the Hmielewski job, as he was recruited by Ben Wiener (son of Darrel and Karen)
    Any ties to Weiner Memorial? I would assume so.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Here's the article from the Independent about Chris' departure. It goes into a lot more detail about the situation.

The tl;dr appears to be he simply got an offer he couldn't refuse to work for a company out of Sioux Falls.

Since he still has another month as the AD, he's in charge of starting the national search to replace Coach Nelson.
    You'll notice a local connection on the Hmielewski job, as he was recruited by Ben Wiener (son of Darrel and Karen)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Here's the article from the Independent about Chris' departure. It goes into a lot more detail about the situation.

The tl;dr appears to be he simply got an offer he couldn't refuse to work for a company out of Sioux Falls.

Since he still has another month as the AD, he's in charge of starting the national search to replace Coach Nelson.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

My gut feeling is that Tim Steinbach will be the interim...or at least he should be
    I feel the same. Should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Ha - that would be kinda neat. He gets my vote!

My gut feeling is that the separation is on good terms, based on the long article - but I don't know for certain. I certainly wish him the best moving forward.

It would be nice if we could find a replacement who is local/alumni instead of dragging in some assistant from a bigger school. My wish list simply includes someone who will support facility upkeep/upgrades, and someone who will fight to prevent sports from being cut. Preferably someone with some marketing acumen.

Not saying Chris wasn't those things, just saying that's what I want from the new guy.
    My gut feeling is that Tim Steinbach will be the interim...or at least he should be

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    MrMustang aint gonna get hired. he ain't woke enough
    It's mostly farm kids though, you'd do fine :)

Joking of course, mostly.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Jesse Nelson turned in his resignation today too.

I think it's just a coincidence, but still a couple of tough blows to the department.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    MrMustang aint gonna get hired. he ain't woke enough

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I would agree, this was a surprise. Gut feeling that they will promote from within. Maybe they should hire MrMustang?
    Ha - that would be kinda neat. He gets my vote!

My gut feeling is that the separation is on good terms, based on the long article - but I don't know for certain. I certainly wish him the best moving forward.

It would be nice if we could find a replacement who is local/alumni instead of dragging in some assistant from a bigger school. My wish list simply includes someone who will support facility upkeep/upgrades, and someone who will fight to prevent sports from being cut. Preferably someone with some marketing acumen.

Not saying Chris wasn't those things, just saying that's what I want from the new guy.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Was not expecting to see this today.

Curious as to who will take over in the interim.

Chris Hmielewski announces resignation as SMSU Director of Athletics - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)
    I would agree, this was a surprise. Gut feeling that they will promote from within. Maybe they should hire MrMustang?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X