Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D2Football.com Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/30)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2Football.com Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/30)

D2Football Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/30)
    1. West Florida
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato
    3. Ferris State
    4. Northwest Missouri State
    5. Texas A&M-Commerce
    6. Valdosta State
    7. Lenoir-Rhyne
    8. Colorado School of Mines
    9. Slippery Rock
    10. Notre Dame
    11. Central Missouri
    12. Colorado State-Pueblo
    13. Ouachita Baptist
    14. Harding
    15. Indianapolis
    16. Kutztown
    17. Bowie State
    18. Carson-Newman
    19. Shepherd
    20. Indiana (PA)
    21. Wingate
    22. Tiffin
    23. Lindenwood
    24. Grand Valley State
    25. Angelo State

Only one NSIC team! That's insulting. I expect Duluth and Augie to be there by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post
      Only one NSIC team! That's insulting. I expect Duluth and Augie to be there by the end of the season.
      I don't know if you watched the show online but Witt was pretty disappointed in that, especially with four PSAC teams listed. That seemed pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I don't know if you watched the show online but Witt was pretty disappointed in that, especially with four PSAC teams listed. That seemed pretty high.

Comment

Preseason polls usually look at past results instead of current potential. Along with that- if some team schedules a powerhouse but loses, and another has a cupcake and wins big, they change places. And as you said- the only important rankings are the regional ones.

Comment

Preseason polls usually look at past results instead of current potential. Along with that- if some team schedules a powerhouse but loses, and another has a cupcake and wins big, they change places. And as you said- the only important rankings are the regional ones.

Comment

Gives people something to talk about besides politics. I'm for it.

Comment

Gives people something to talk about besides politics. I'm for it.
                It only let me like this post once. So consider this another.

Comment

Here is the reaction video to the Top 25....keeping in mind the polling is what determined the order and so forth. (it wasn't just Brandon selecting this or something)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoL55QREO2U&t=304s

Comment

Just to piggyback off of what laker and Purple Mav Man said, preseason polls are usually about past performance--especially this year. Speaking for myself, I do try to factor in potential, but even that can be hard in normal years because coaches at the D2 level, at least in my experience, tend to be either really tight lipped or oversell their team/players. With Covid-19 cancelling the 2020 Fall season and then only a handful of teams playing in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021, combined with the extended eligibility, new transfer rules, etc., it made it hard to really gauge where teams are right now. What teams did or didn't do in 2019, along with what teams did/didn't play in Fall/Spring 2021 played a big factor in terms of getting any kind of idea what a team may have this.

If it helps any, I had Augustana and Sioux Falls in my Top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                      Just to piggyback off of what laker and Purple Mav Man said, preseason polls are usually about past performance--especially this year. Speaking for myself, I do try to factor in potential, but even that can be hard in normal years because coaches at the D2 level, at least in my experience, tend to be either really tight lipped or oversell their team/players. With Covid-19 cancelling the 2020 Fall season and then only a handful of teams playing in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021, combined with the extended eligibility, new transfer rules, etc., it made it hard to really gauge where teams are right now. What teams did or didn't do in 2019, along with what teams did/didn't play in Fall/Spring 2021 played a big factor in terms of getting any kind of idea what a team may have this.

If it helps any, I had Augustana and Sioux Falls in my Top 25.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X