Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post
    As far as the NSIC goes, Mankato leads the way with just over 35 scholarships for 2020-2021. Northern is surprisingly 2nd just short of 35. Winona and Augie are essentially in a dead tie funding just over 31. Probably most shocking is Bemidji offering less than 22 scholarships (least in the conference) continue to do what they do. And of course, 2nd to last in scholarships offered is Duluth at just over 22. The two lowest funded schools in the driver's seat for the playoffs heading into the final week. Kudos to those two programs!

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post
      As far as the NSIC goes, Mankato leads the way with just over 35 scholarships for 2020-2021. Northern is surprisingly 2nd just short of 35. Winona and Augie are essentially in a dead tie funding just over 31. Probably most shocking is Bemidji offering less than 22 scholarships (least in the conference) continue to do what they do. And of course, 2nd to last in scholarships offered is Duluth at just over 22. The two lowest funded schools in the driver's seat for the playoffs heading into the final week. Kudos to those two programs!
      I was told at the Touchdown Club meeting at MSU in the summer of 2019 that Winona was at 36. It also sounded like Augie was fully funded. I thought that Southwest had the lowest numbers for football. This surprises me.

I'd like to see the current list for all of the conference members. Part of the problem for counting is that they use the previous year's money, not the current year.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I was told at the Touchdown Club meeting at MSU in the summer of 2019 that Winona was at 36. It also sounded like Augie was fully funded. I thought that Southwest had the lowest numbers for football. This surprises me.

I'd like to see the current list for all of the conference members. Part of the problem for counting is that they use the previous year's money, not the current year.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Is there a reason why these numbers are low key and not that transparent, whats the point of not letting everyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Is there a reason why these numbers are low key and not that transparent, whats the point of not letting everyone know?
            It should be a matter of public record. It isn't like they are nuclear weapons involved.

Comment

Honestly for 20 years SMSU fans have been curious about scholarships and rarely gotten a straight answer.

One time maybe 15 years ago there was a presentation at Booster Club when we were first in D2 -- and we were very low, but so were many others.

Then maybe 2013 or so we had another presentation. But it was never clear for example that we had (22) or whatever number you want to use. We have always been on the lower end in the league, but it is really never transparent.

I also don't think that anything the league office does is transparent with this issue (or whether it should or can be).

All I know is at a place like SMSU they would be better off saying we have :"X" whatever that number is. would be better off for expectations etc.

It's always such a challenge to know if you are getting accurate information.

Maybe this is not unique to SMSU but it sure feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                Honestly for 20 years SMSU fans have been curious about scholarships and rarely gotten a straight answer.

One time maybe 15 years ago there was a presentation at Booster Club when we were first in D2 -- and we were very low, but so were many others.

Then maybe 2013 or so we had another presentation. But it was never clear for example that we had (22) or whatever number you want to use. We have always been on the lower end in the league, but it is really never transparent.

I also don't think that anything the league office does is transparent with this issue (or whether it should or can be).

All I know is at a place like SMSU they would be better off saying we have :"X" whatever that number is. would be better off for expectations etc.

It's always such a challenge to know if you are getting accurate information.

Maybe this is not unique to SMSU but it sure feels like it.
                Well said, Mary has taken an aggressive approach to fundraising over the last 3-4 years. As Laker said these scholarships are not nuclear bombs, maybe coaches dont want the hassle of having to explain to kids why they arent on a ride. Easier to say sorry scholarships vary year to year. Not quite sure, all I know is if Mary said they had X scholarships, we need to raise these funds to get to X id be more inclined to donate as an alum.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X