X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    I always look forward to Tundra Man's take on games. He is uncanny with his predictions.

Thank you for the compliment, but I think you give me too much credit. Anything I predict correctly is more along the "blind squirrel" analogy. :)

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

That press box is your backrest and hopefully downwind. We knew that gold and purple soda cracker box was good for something :)
    Does anyone have any leftover napalm that could be used when the season is over? I did notice that there is an escape hatch on the far side now- otherwise that place was a trap.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

If you hear an "uff da!" from near the press box door- that is me.
    That press box is your backrest and hopefully downwind. We knew that gold and purple soda cracker box was good for something :)

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    With natural grass field and a rowdy crowd it can become an intimidating place to play at Blakeslee stadium.
    If you hear an "uff da!" from near the press box door- that is me.

Leave a comment:

• BIGvikingFan
    replied
    I meant to post this on week 8 chat. Me not so smart!
    No worries, I thought you were playing off the face off between the players of the week - Augie LB vs. MSU QB. Should be a great game!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    I always look forward to Tundra Man's take on games. He is uncanny with his predictions.

If JD Ekowa is on both his arm and legs could be a deadly combination as MSU easily leads the conference in rushing yards. QB Nick Bohn for Wayne St. ran for 79 yards against the Viking defense in doing so he avoided getting sacked and ran for positive yards, Mavs defense is stingy and tied with AU giving up a paltry 19.1 points a game. With natural grass field and a rowdy crowd it can become an intimidating place to play at Blakeslee stadium.

MSU has been a heartbreaking team for Augie to play having been 10 seasons since the last Viking victory. Some of the losses have been close. AU comes with a stingy defense and a highly productive offense with a balanced attack between running and passing. QB Kyle Saddler has played well in most of games and throws an accurate deep ball to a plethora of good wide receivers. Jarod Epperson is the best of a deep backfield. If the weather allows I see this as a high scoring game with hopefully a Viking victory from my point of view.
    I meant to post this on week 8 chat. Me not so smart!

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    ^ Got to see Luke Little in person on Saturday. He's a very talented player.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Other Top Performances

Offense

#11 Kyle Saddler (AUGIE)
    threw four touchdown passes against zero interceptions as the Vikings took down No. 23 Wayne State on the road. He totaled 332 yards of passing including a long of 40 yards that went for a touchdown. He completed 20 passes for the 332 yards and rushed for a season-best 12 yards.

#6 Malik Williams (BSU) recorded third straight multi-touchdown game in a 22-19 comeback win. He caught the final two touchdowns (30, 7), including game-winning score. He totaled seven catches for 99 yards. He moved into 7th all-time at BSU in rec. TDs (18).

#88 Luke Little (UMary) caught 12 passes for 152 yards and two scores. He cracked 100 yards receiving for 5th time this season and has caught multiple TDs in a game four times in 2021. He is second in the NSIC with career-highs in catches (59), yards (814) and TDs (11).

#8 Armani Carmickle (UMD) #21 Ali Mohamed (MINOT) rushed for a career-high 212 yards, set a new NCAA D-II school record with 35 rushing attempts in a game, and tied a school record with 4 rushing touchdowns in a game.

#25 Brett Brenton (NSU) led Northern State with 87 yards rushing and two touchdowns in their win over Minot State - Averaged 4.8 yards per carry with a 17-yard long - Recorded his second straight game with over 80 yards rushing - Moved up two places in the NSIC rankings, averaging 43.7 yards per game.

#34 Thuro Reisdorfer (USF) #18 Owen Burke (WSU) earned the BIG/Adidas MVP trophy in the Battle of Sledge, leading Winona State to a 26-14 over Southwest Minnesota State. He threw for 193 yards and two touchdowns. He was 17-of-31 across seven different receivers as he moved into third all-time for passing yards in a career, with 6,517.

Defense

#45 Colbey Wadsworth (BSU)
    blocked one field goal and helped in a second-half shutout of 22-19 win. He recorded six tackles, including 1.0 TFL and 0.5 a sack. He was part of a defensive unit that held MSUM scoreless over final 43:22 of game, He held MSUM to 5-18 on third downs.

#44 Brad Dati (UMD) led UMD in total tackles with eight while also notching 1.5 tackles for loss for a total of -7 yards. He also posted 0.5 sacks for a loss of 4 yards.

#2 Amiri Finner (MSU) led the Mavericks with nine tackles including 2.0 tackles for a loss.

#47 Josiah Behm (MSUM)#3 Caleb Ness (MINOT) led the defense once again with 7 tackles.

#20 Chance Olson (NSU) recorded two interceptions in the Wolves 36-35 win over Minot State. He returned his first interception 50 yards to set up a field goal to bring the score to 28-23. His second interception came at 13:22 of fourth quarter, with the ensuing drive leading to go-ahead-score. He added four tackles, including three solo stops and leads the NSIC in total interceptions with five.

#22 Carter Lohr (USF)#24 Duxbury Carter (WSU) had two quarterback sacks and racked up five total tackles. Four of his tackles were solo stops as he moved into the Warrior top-15 in both career sacks (12) and the top-15 for sacks for a season at 7.5 so far in 2021.

Special Teams

#39 Drew Jurgens (AUGIE)
    averaged 49.5 yards per punt including a long of 50 and the other one sailed 49. One of the punts stranded Wayne State inside the 20 yard line as WSC did not score after either punt.

recorded a 68-yard punt return for a touchdown. He now has two punt returns for a touchdown this season.

#15 Justin Czech (MSUM) averaged 41.3 yards per punt at Bemidji State. He had a long punt of 56 yards and placed one inside the 20. He is averaging 40.7 yards per punt this season.

#97 Jacob Scott (WSU) scored the first six points of the contest for Winona State in a 26-14 win over Southwest Minnesota State in the BIG Adidas Battle for the Sledge. He connected on two field goals, both 27 yards and was 2-for-3 in PAT attempts.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    started a topic NSIC Players of the Week (10/18)

NSIC Players of the Week (10/18)

NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #7 JD Ekowa (QB, 6-1, 210, Sr., Plainfield, Ill. / Plainfield North HS) - Minnesota State

- Recorded a career-high 286 passing yards and a career-high four touchdown passes in a 58-0 win at UIU
    - Recorded 19 rushing yards, including an 11-yard touchdown run
    - Finished with 305 yards of total offense, with a hand in five touchdowns
    - Completed 16-of-20 passes with a 266.12 passing efficiency

NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #43 T.J. Liggett (LB, 6-1, 225, Sr., Rosemount, Minn. / Rosemount HS) - Augustana

- Totaled 12 tackles including two for a loss in a 32-24 win at No. 23 Wayne State
    - Ten of his tackles were solo
    - Was credited with a pass breakup as he helped Augustana pick up its first win over a ranked opponent since 2015

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #81 Curt Cox (PK, 5-11, 183, R-So., Dodgeville, Wis. / Mineral Point HS) - Minnesota Duluth

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X