Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Garrett // LA Rams // Superbowl

CSP Alum here, was really stoked when Chris Garrett made the LA Rams roster but haven't heard much since. Any former CSP teammates know anything about how Garrett's NFL time is going?
    All I could find on the internet is this: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/202...cvay-inactive/
    Which only speaks to the very beginning of the season. It would be amazing if Garrett showed up out of the blue and made an impact play on Superbowl Sunday. But at this point I don't even know if Garrett is suiting up...
    Chris Garrett has only played one game this season, and Sean McVay says that has to do with several factors.

It's interesting because I believe the last NSICer to get a ring was Zach Moore, also from CSP. Oddly enough, also a rookie, if I'm remembering correctly.

Happy to see Chris is out of the conference so he'll stop terrorizing my team. Obviously joking, it's exciting for him and the CSP faithful. Would be cool if he got some game action.

Comment

My wife has been a Bengals fan her whole life. I would be a dead man if I rooted for anyone but Cincinnati this Sunday.

But it's cool that an NSIC alum is in the big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        My wife has been a Bengals fan her whole life. I would be a dead man if I rooted for anyone but Cincinnati this Sunday.

But it's cool that an NSIC alum is in the big game.
        Real conundrum. I like Burrows and the Bengals, but also think it would be nice to see Stafford win after all his sufferin' in Detroit. Then again I CANNOT stand OBJ nor Kroenke. SB party up the street with 11 other people who neither know about football nor care who wins. It's just another excuse for seniors to party. It's a potluck so Mrs. CL is makin' her signature corn salad and cole slaw while I'm bringin' a fresh bottle of Tequila.

Comment

Bump. Last I heard Chris Garrett was on the Vikings practice squad, but I think he got released. Anybody know an update?

Comment

Originally posted by Father_BearClaw View Post
            Bump. Last I heard Chris Garrett was on the Vikings practice squad, but I think he got released. Anybody know an update?
            Looks like he was briefly. Then with the Seahawks, then signed to the Houston Gamblers.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Looks like he was briefly. Then with the Seahawks, then signed to the Houston Gamblers.
              Awesome! Thanks for tracking that down. I kind of wondered if he landed in the XFL or USFL, but I could never find anything when I searched.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for tracking that down. I kind of wondered if he landed in the XFL or USFL, but I could never find anything when I searched.
                You're very welcome! I'd wondered myself - I saw him play for CSP and was rooting for him. I think I'd heard he had some injury issues towards the end of his days with Rams or something and then nothing after that.

Good to see he's still making a go of it with football.

Comment

You're very welcome! I'd wondered myself - I saw him play for CSP and was rooting for him. I think I'd heard he had some injury issues towards the end of his days with Rams or something and then nothing after that.

Good to see he's still making a go of it with football.
                  Yea, it is fun with these minor league football groups (XFL, USFL), maybe we'll see more NSIC guys on TV if these leagues can survive.

Comment

Yea, it is fun with these minor league football groups (XFL, USFL), maybe we'll see more NSIC guys on TV if these leagues can survive.
                    Agreed - that's why I want to see these leagues survive. More opportunities for the "little guy."

Comment

As an aside, I watched some XFL and USFL this last season. Much to my surprise, I enjoyed the XFL much more. I actually really like the rule changes they put in place. Also, it seems like the players and fans were a lot more engaged in the XFL vs the USFL.

My wife and I were in Vegas for week 1 of the XFL, so we adopted the Vegas Vipers as our team to root for. Unfortunately, last season we managed to pick the worst team in the XFL. But it's still fun to root for someone.

Comment

Does anybody know of other NSIC guys in the USFL or XFL besides Chris Garrett?

Comment

First name that came to mind was Alijah McGhee, but he went to the CFL. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find any.

Comment

Former Augustana center Jake Lacina is the starter for N.J. Was all USFL at center

Comment

First name that came to mind was Alijah McGhee, but he went to the CFL. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find any.
                              Oh yea...I forgot about the CFL and Arena football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X