Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 talk

Saturday November 4
    Southwest Minnesota State at Mary (-1.5)
    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota-Duluth (-18.5)
    Minnesota State-Mankato (-7.5) at Winona State
    Minnesota State-Moorhead at Bemidji State (-3.5)
    Wayne State (-20.5) at Sioux Falls
    Minot State at Michigan Tech (-9.5)
    Augustana (-12.5) at Northern State

Over/Under in the SMSU Vs Mary game is tough one... Two bad offenses against two bad defenses. Will someone score, or will the just play back and forth between the 20s?

Duluth should win easily.

Mavs need to not look past Winona and pull this one out. Would be nice to jump out early and be comfortable, but that’s very rare at Winona.

Moorhead and Bemidji has the makings of a fun one. This could be a bit of a shootout if Moorhead’s O-Line can keep Strand fairly clean.

Wayne shouldn’t have any problems scoring on Sioux Falls. Makes me think of Runaround Sue… Anyway, Sioux Falls is in development mode, they’ll be solid again before long.

Intriguing game in the Upper Peninsula. Michigan Tech probably just a little too much for Minot in the Husky Beaver showdown.

Augustana’s first trip to the bank. This is playoff round one for Augie/Bemidji/Mankato and I expect the Vikings to raid and pillage and leave with Northern’s lunch money.

Well written PurpleMM. This is the beginning of the race to see what teams end season with 1 loss.

Comment

Bemidji is as good as they've ever been this year..but weird things happen when the Dragons come to town. A few memorable games over the last 10 years on that field playing for the Axe. I'm expecting a fun game on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post
        Bemidji is as good as they've ever been this year..but weird things happen when the Dragons come to town. A few memorable games over the last 10 years on that field playing for the Axe. I'm expecting a fun game on Saturday.
        Yeah the 2010s were fun for the rivalry. Starting in 2011 when Laqua took over, Bemidji State won two, and then MSUM had back-to-back victories in 2013 and 2014. From there, a streak happened where the team won on the other squad's turf.
        • 2015, Bemidji won at Moorhead
        • 2016, Moorhead won a thriller at Bemidji
        • 2017, Beavers won at MSUM
        • 2018, Dragons beat the Beavers in Bemidji
        • 2019, Bemidji won the Axe in Moorhead
        This Saturday should be good. I picked the Beavers in the pick em thread, it's the likely outcome, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. What an upset that would be, and taking that Axe back to Moorhead would be icing on the cake.

Comment

Man, I don't know who to pick in the SMSU/Mary contest. Gues if Martin can keep those high snaps down and find some focus, I'll give it to my own team...

Comment

Weather in the Hub City (Aberdeen) looks gorgeous, sunny 53 degrees 7-10 breeze for Augustans's attempt to rob the Bank.I think it will be a close hard fought game between in-state rivals. NSU wants ruin the evil empires season. God bless the Wolf pups.
            Last edited by vikingfaithful; 11-02-2023, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Saturday November 4
              Southwest Minnesota State at Mary (-1.5)
              Minnesota State-Mankato (-7.5) at Winona State
              Minnesota State-Moorhead at Bemidji State (-3.5)
              Wayne State (-20.5) at Sioux Falls
              Minot State at Michigan Tech (-9.5)
              Augustana (-12.5) at Northern State

Over/Under in the SMSU Vs Mary game is tough one... Two bad offenses against two bad defenses. Will someone score, or will the just play back and forth between the 20s?

Duluth should win easily.

Mavs need to not look past Winona and pull this one out. Would be nice to jump out early and be comfortable, but that’s very rare at Winona.

Moorhead and Bemidji has the makings of a fun one. This could be a bit of a shootout if Moorhead’s O-Line can keep Strand fairly clean.

Wayne shouldn’t have any problems scoring on Sioux Falls. Makes me think of Runaround Sue… Anyway, Sioux Falls is in development mode, they’ll be solid again before long.

Intriguing game in the Upper Peninsula. Michigan Tech probably just a little too much for Minot in the Husky Beaver showdown.

Augustana’s first trip to the bank. This is playoff round one for Augie/Bemidji/Mankato and I expect the Vikings to raid and pillage and leave with Northern’s lunch money.
              Forgot one: Briar Cliff at Jamestown -28
              Jimmies roll because we are D2 now, bring on Duluth!

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                Forgot one: Briar Cliff at Jamestown -28
                Jimmies roll because we are D2 now, bring on Duluth!
                Man, you're really pressed over this whole Jamestown thing. Changed your avi and everything.

Comment

I think the game may play a little closer than this. Defense will play strong and offense will do as little as possible to get the win. I'd be shocked if Walljasper has more than 8 carries and 12 passes the entire game. Hopefully they don't take off too much this week as they prep for Mankato and let CSP stay in the game.

Comment

[QUOTE=Purple Mav Man;n790005]Saturday November 4
                    Southwest Minnesota State at Mary (-1.5) Mary covers at home
                    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota-Duluth (-18.5) Duluth covers and needs to run up the score
                    Minnesota State-Mankato (-7.5) at Winona State Mankato by 13
                    Minnesota State-Moorhead at Bemidji State (-3.5) My heart wants Moorhead, but I’ll go with Bemidji by 7
                    Wayne State (-20.5) at Sioux Falls Wayne wins, but USF covers the #
                    Minot State at Michigan Tech (-9.5) No clue, just taking home team here
                    Augustana (-12.5) at Northern State NSU ends the steak and shocks the Vikings

Comment

It’s been said many times, but it’ll be said again. I inona’s broadcast is great. PXP guy for all sports and always does a good job. Color guy is very knowledgeable and not afraid to be honest. Loved his comment about “every time we had this officiating crew, there were lots of flags”

That was after a block in the back on MSU after the tackle was made :)

Comment

1st drive of game is a 71 yards by AU most of yardage by RB Jarod Epperson.

Comment

SMSU controlled the game outside an early fumble. My opinion, a terrible coaching decision to attempt FG late in the 4th- that if made would only put them up 6. Instead FG attempt is blocked and Mary moves the ball right down the field through the air— as they did most of the day, for the winning TD—- that is a tough result to take.
                          SMSU dominated the LOS, but same story of the season to date. Today the defense and special teams didn’t show up—Most of the season it’s been the offense MIA. SMSU defense had WR running wide open in the secondary & no contain on a punt return - where Mary punter alertly took advantage and ran 20+ for a Mary 1st down and of course the blocked FG late that set up Mary near midfield for their game winning TD.
                          Rarely have I seen defeat snatched away from a victory for SMSU.
                          Last edited by FB Player Coach & Fan; 11-04-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

At the Dakota Marker game for some reason so I didn't see the SMSU meltdown, and kinda glad I didn't I guess.

Comment

Mankato had big lines compared to Winona. It looks like varsity versus JV

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X