Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa at mines

It's all going to come down to if Mines can stop Salum. They are going to have to keep pressure on him, while containing him on the run. Mines will take what Mesa is giving them. I think Mines will try and establish the run game first. At least Mines will have a good back up plan with their passing game.

Re: Mesa at mines

Mesa defense looks ripe for shredding. Struggled greatly with a mediocre Chadron offense (Chadron defense is very good) and SD Mines gave them trouble.

If Mines shows up to play this one won't be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Mesa defense looks ripe for shredding. Struggled greatly with a mediocre Chadron offense (Chadron defense is very good) and SD Mines gave them trouble.

I think the "If the Mines shows up to play", is what has me worried.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
        I think the "If the Mines shows up to play", is what has me worried.
        Those kids have their heads on right. I don't think they let this chance pass them up. Would love to see them pull this out and run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Agree. Gap responsibilities with the front 7 are horrendous, and the secondary looks completely lost. But this could also be a shoot-out depending on Mesa's offense.

They played pretty flawless defense against ENMU in the first half, where they needed absolute discipline against the option. 31-0. But then turned in a bad second half. I just don't see the consistency and discipline necessary to beat good and better teams.

Salum has a tendency to force balls and not manage downs (e.g. getting sacked on a roll-out when all he has to do is throw OB). If he is focused and "on", he's tough.

I just think Mesa will be playing playground football to Mines' better oiled offense.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
            It's all going to come down to if Mines can stop Salum. They are going to have to keep pressure on him, while containing him on the run. Mines will take what Mesa is giving them. I think Mines will try and establish the run game first. At least Mines will have a good back up plan with their passing game.
            I think it will come down to which teams scores the most points.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              Lol, that too... :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                Not really. When is tee time again?
                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

I think Mines played really well against CSU Pueblo who was simply out coached. I feel like CSU Pueblo's offensive line in finally starting to gel and Edwards is doing better. I think they need to continue to keep AJ Thompson off the field as a QB. He actually contributed to the CSU Pueblo loss to Mines. Mesa will play Mines tough and the same goes for Chadron State.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                    I think Mines played really well against CSU Pueblo who was simply out coached. I feel like CSU Pueblo's offensive line in finally starting to gel and Edwards is doing better. I think they need to continue to keep AJ Thompson off the field as a QB. He actually contributed to the CSU Pueblo loss to Mines. Mesa will play Mines tough and the same goes for Chadron State.

Comment

Comment

Mines shredding the poorous (not porous) Mesa defense as expected. 14-0 early.

Comment

Mesa goes for it on 4th down on their own 30 and don't convert. 28-7 Mines still in the 1st quarter. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Midway through the 2nd quarter and Mesa might want to just go home. 42-10

Comment

56-10, end of the 3rd. Expected Mines to handle Mesa but not to this extreme.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X