Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now we know!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now we know!

    #FTE is "Find The Edge".
    Sprinkles are for winners!

  • #2
    The pack got thumped today.. What happened?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
      The pack got thumped today.. What happened?
      Easy peazy. They found the edge. And fell over it!
      Sprinkles are for winners!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GWolf View Post

        Easy peazy. They found the edge. And fell over it!
        The edge was lost the 3rd week of the season. The "D" played great all year! The "O" lost it's edge after the 2nd game of the year! Sure they showed sparks of being good, but not great. Having a great "D" is not going to win you many football games except in the RMAC. Enjoyed taking my son to the Air Force Wyoming game yesterday! Cold and windy but worth it! Just could not take watching another game on the internet. If we ever get another high powered offense again, I will be shocked. Since 2016 season, the fans have been holding onto hopes of the Natty year! Now it's just will they make the playoffs. I am embarrassed for the offense put on the field by Wristen and the OC! Coach Leo had the "D" he wanted! Bringing back coaches from the 2014 season is not the answer. What is the Answer?

        Comment


        • #5
          The d played great all year! Turn that equipment in!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

            The edge was lost the 3rd week of the season. The "D" played great all year! The "O" lost it's edge after the 2nd game of the year! Sure they showed sparks of being good, but not great. Having a great "D" is not going to win you many football games except in the RMAC. Enjoyed taking my son to the Air Force Wyoming game yesterday! Cold and windy but worth it! Just could not take watching another game on the internet. If we ever get another high powered offense again, I will be shocked. Since 2016 season, the fans have been holding onto hopes of the Natty year! Now it's just will they make the playoffs. I am embarrassed for the offense put on the field by Wristen and the OC! Coach Leo had the "D" he wanted! Bringing back coaches from the 2014 season is not the answer. What is the Answer?
            The O performed fine even against Commerce, the Lions O only scored a single TD that game and the Pack outperformed them. Of course there were injuries, but they neglected to use their biggest weapons the majority of the year. Nick Williams is one of the best receivers in D2, honestly, why was he not built into a game plan?! He has 10 catches against Augustana because he's actually targeted that many times, if Augie can't stop him why the hell was he not used against EVERY RMAC team? A complete failure to take advantage of obvious mismatches in favor of the status quo that Pueblo thinks it is supposed to be which is a power running team. It was obvious the OL and skill players were built for a passing team but the play calling was stuck in this forcing the run mentality. The first 3 drives of the game against Mankato were huge, how many were passing plays? You're not running on Mankato, 3 years in a row now. Yet it's been forced over and over. Several years in a row the offense has been good enough to win conference games and fans have gotten upset when the offense is criticized. Struggling offensively against Highlands, Adams, and SD Mines is a sign that you're going to get dominated come playoff time. They should've put 50 up on Augustana, easily. The 2013/14 offense would've embarrassed Augie by halftime. It's been a struggle to watch skilled players be hindered by play calling since that time. The offense returns a TON of talent, won't matter until they are allowed to flourish though.

            Best of luck to the Pack going forward, I hope their skill players are utilized to their full potential.
            Last edited by Turbonium; 12-02-2019, 11:36 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              The offense wasn’t putting up many points the year you won it all either. Especially late in the year and through the playoffs. Wristens formula is great defense, ball control conservative offense and solid special teams. It’s worked pretty darn good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                The offense wasn’t putting up many points the year you won it all either. Especially late in the year and through the playoffs. Wristens formula is great defense, ball control conservative offense and solid special teams. It’s worked pretty darn good.
                Their defense isn't going to carry them against teams like Mankato though, if the goal is to more than make the playoffs they're going to need an offense that doesn't go 3 & out nearly every drive against quality teams. I'm well aware of what the formula is, it needs adjusting. They simply didn't have the players for a great running attack this year but it was forced and forced.

                Comment

                Ad3

                Collapse
                Working...
                X