X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

These poor coaches are at the mercy of the college presidents & admins, at this point. Way over the head of a D2 football coach. I got a mixed message in the statement from Pueblo's AD. On one hand it suggested they're still fighting to play conference season, but then later on he seemed resigned to call it off.
    Playing the conference season, minus Highlands, feels like a waste of time to me. With the cancelation of all post season play this should be an easy decision in my opinion. Might as well have Pueblo and Mines play a neutral site game and declare them the conference champions and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

I hear from news reports that the RMAC is to make an announcement tomorrow. I saw Wriston on the news, he basically said what is best for the student athletes is what counts. His body expressions says the fall season is canceled.

These poor coaches are at the mercy of the college presidents & admins, at this point. Way over the head of a D2 football coach. I got a mixed message in the statement from Pueblo's AD. On one hand it suggested they're still fighting to play conference season, but then later on he seemed resigned to call it off.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not sure why people didn't just do this weeks ago. What was going to magically get better I'm not sure.
    I hear from news reports that the RMAC is to make an announcement tomorrow. I saw Wriston on the news, he basically said what is best for the student athletes is what counts. His body expressions says the fall season is canceled.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    This is the NCAA that made the announcement. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ps?division=d2 . No fall playoffs or championships. Now the RAMC will probably follow suit and Cancel the season. So will the rest of D2.
    Not sure why people didn't just do this weeks ago. What was going to magically get better I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    This is the NCAA that made the announcement. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ps?division=d2 . No fall playoffs or championships. Now the RAMC will probably follow suit and Cancel the season. So will the rest of D2.

Leave a comment:

• crown7
    replied
    RMAC just announced they are cancelling all post season play for 2020, no playoffs and no championships.

Leave a comment:

• twolfbenchwarmer
    replied
    CHASA just announced that most high school sports moved to spring to include football. Golf and Tennis stay in the fall. Now multi sport athletes must choose what sport to participate in.

Leave a comment:

• Just a college fan
    replied
    CHASA just announced that most high school sports moved to spring to include football. Golf and Tennis stay in the fall. Now multi sport athletes must choose what sport to participate in.
    Interesting to see what happens with the RMAC now then!

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

That 50% could be only 4 games this fall. 4 versus a full season of 11 games plus playoffs. I would take the year off and play next year.
    Or even if they do manage to play, say, 6 conference games. Is that worth a year of eligibility? I guess it depends on the individual but you work your ass off for much of your life and have 4 seasons to play. As said, there isn't a good solution here but hopefully the NCAA steps in and figures out the eligibility issue if the season winds up being a handful of games and no chance of playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Originally posted by crown7 View Post
    Honestly...I agree with how they are going about it. They pushed the start back to get the students back into school August 17th. That gives them some time to see if there will be any outbreaks before the 1st game is to be played. There is also a NCAA rule in place that says 50% of the season must be played in order to call it a complete season. If less than 50% is played, all players will get another year of eligibility. Once it gets into week 6 and that game is played, it counts as a season. So....give them credit they are trying for all the players sake, we'll just see what happens and hope for the best!!! It might just be a preseason season, but at least its a start.
    That 50% could be only 4 games this fall. 4 versus a full season of 11 games plus playoffs. I would take the year off and play next year.

Leave a comment:

• crown7
    replied
    Honestly...I agree with how they are going about it. They pushed the start back to get the students back into school August 17th. That gives them some time to see if there will be any outbreaks before the 1st game is to be played. There is also a NCAA rule in place that says 50% of the season must be played in order to call it a complete season. If less than 50% is played, all players will get another year of eligibility. Once it gets into week 6 and that game is played, it counts as a season. So....give them credit they are trying for all the players sake, we'll just see what happens and hope for the best!!! It might just be a preseason season, but at least its a start.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles Fly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Congrats to your son, I hope the season can take place. Not sure there's a good solution at the moment, just hope the NCAA has eligibility solutions in case this season gets cut even shorter.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 07-29-2020, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles Fly
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X