Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring games vs. Spring practice and the ending spring game

Thoughts anyone? Who's in for the spring games? Who's in for just practice? My feeling is that the top football programs will opt. for spring practice and get ready for regular season games in Sept. For those that want spring games, it will be much like this past fall, trying to find anyone that will play. But that's my opinion.

The practice field directly below the Bowl has been cleared of snow, much to the disappointment of XC skiers, so it looks like Western is on tap to practice at the end of the month, or beginning of February. I hadn't seen it until today but Adams State will have a new coach this year. https://asugrizzlies.com/news/2021/1...all-coach.aspx

Comment

The article I read on the Highlands web site says the Cowboys will play at N.M. State on Feb 27. I checked the N.M. State web site and true they are on the schedule. I hope the N.M. Governor keeps the restrictions in place thru the end of Feb. Don't want to see Highlands players feelings get hurt any worse than a loss to the RMAC top 3 during the regular season. D-2 against FBS D1 even if N.M. State is a bottom dweller in FBS.
      Last edited by Packfootball; 01-23-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Looks like most schools will have spring practices and a spring game this year. Highlands being the only exception with a scheduled game against NM State. At least the game is on ESPN+. Well that might be a minus.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
          The article I read on the Highlands web site says the Cowboys will play at N.M. State on Feb 27. I checked the N.M. State web site and true they are on the schedule. I hope the N.M. Governor keeps the restrictions in place thru the end of Feb. Don't want to see Highlands players feelings get hurt any worse than a loss to the RMAC top 3 during the regular season. D-2 against FCS D1 even if N.M. State is a bottom dweller in FCS.
          Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 01-22-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Correct, but they are FBS independent for football. This is a bad idea for Highlands, even if NMSU only plays 3rd and 4th stringers. Makes zero sense.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Correct, but they are FBS independent for football. This is a bad idea for Highlands, even if NMSU only plays 3rd and 4th stringers. Makes zero sense.
              Likely won't be any worse than Western playing SFA I suppose.

Comment

[QUOTE=twolfbenchwarmer;n558931]

Comment

Western will play at Fort Lewis April 17th at 2pm. So far it's the first scheduled game for the Mountaineers. FLC has Dixie week 1 in ST.G and their rivalry game with Adams week 3 in Alamosa.

Comment

[QUOTE=Packfootball;n559081]Tarleton's at Dixie tonight (3/13) at 7. We had a couple inches of snow! overnight and it's still spittin'. Cold and wet for the limited number of fans who'll be admitted. I'll watch on the 'net.

Comment

Dixie and Tarleton ended up splitting the series with both teams winning on the road, tie goes to Tarleton on total points

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

On second thought, Highlands might just be fine, lol.

Tarleton beat NMSU by a bunch, and NMSU had to score a last second TD to beat Dixie. Wow.

Comment

Highlands game against N.M. State never happened on Feb 27th. Guess Highlands could not afford to go the extra 50 miles to El Paso to play. Or was it the Governor of N.M.? Couldn't be the Governor, N.M. State played the week before in El Paso.

Comment

Instead of playing at Adams on the 24th, Fort Lewis will play at Highlands the 23rd now.

Comment

Fort Hays State University Tigers are headed out to CSU Mines to play on Saturday in what we have been told a non viewable game in any form - in person, streamed, or even dreamed in my mind from the radio analysis.
                              Anyone have any information for me about Mines team??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X