Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opener pueblo v commerce

My favorite place to eat there has always been Brues Alehouse downtown.

If I were making that drive, I would definitely take an extra day and see Great Sand Dunes National Park. Or if you don't have that luxury, there's the Royal Gorge to the west. Also Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo up in Colorado Springs.

I'm always looking for natural attractions though, and unique stuff you can't find anywhere else. I don't do many adrenaline-type attractions, if that's more the kid's speed.

Comment

Agreed with the Great Sand Dunes, it's about 2 hours from Pueblo so not too terrible. Zapata Falls along the way to the dunes is a nice short hike (1/4 mile if that) as well as long as your vehicle can handle quite the bumpy road to get to it. It is very smoky in CO right now so depending on the day visibility is pretty limited and you might not want to combine the altitude of Pikes Peak with the poor air quality. Hopefully it clears up by early September but on certain days at the moment it is hard to see the mountains from downtown Colorado Springs.

https://www.colorado.com/articles/hi...m-zapata-falls

Comment

Comment

You dont say if yourdrivimg, but if you are, here are the cheapest gas along the way. I have been to Texas the past 2 months since my sister passed away. In Colorado: Lamar, Pilot, 2.79, Pueblo 3.69. In Texas, Dumas, as low as 2.65 thats taking 287 to Dumas and on to Lamar, then 50 west to Pueblo about 118 miles. Otherwise it's 87 out of Dumas to I25 north at Raton, NM. GAs get morn expensive the further west ya go into NM, and into CO. Miles wise they are about the same, but time wise it is longer to go thru Lamar by about an hour. Speed limits are 70 - 75 in NM. 75 On the I=25 in CO. 65 in OK and CO if ya go 287/50 route. But many do not do the speed limits.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X