Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Massey has been doing this for years. It is somewhat instructional. But I'm sure, if you looked back during CSUPs championship season, they would not be near the top either.

I've heard the RMAC is blah argument for years. We certainly don't have the recruiting backyard that other conferences have. Plus we have to compete with 3 middling FBS programs and an FCS program on our back porch. In the end, it comes down to leadership and execution. Great coaching plus resources combined with motivated players will get a program far.

What I can say is that the RMAC is no longer considered the worst or second-worst conference in the country. Kudos to the handful of teams that have made that happen....
    I think Massey has it closer to reality than AFCA. With AFCA, you get two coaches voting per conference, I think. They tend to take care of the teams in their own conference. That's why it's distributed more equally than maybe it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post
      https://masseyratings.com/cf/ncaa-d2/ratings

Just found this on the main chat page. I'm not sure on the math, but it estimates "power" of each team, looks at SOS, current and future, compares offense and defense. Not shockingly, RMAC is no at the top. And I've said a couple of times that FLC is fighting to be the worst in D2, this system agrees, lol. It's just another data point to look at and talk about, complain about, or simply ignore. :)
      Thanks, I like Massey a lot. It's fun to plug crazy matchups into and has been a great tool for fantasy football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X