Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pueblo vs Chadron

I guess it wouldn't be football season without Chadron again losing to Pueblo. This time Chadron came out on fire and took a 10-0 lead to give hope to the homecoming crowd, Pueblo has now scored 35 unanswered to lead 35-10 in the 3rd.

I thought the streak would be broken this year, not looking likely now.

I have to eat crow for calling the under-50 bet

Comment

Pretty classless display by #2 of Chadron after a targeting penalty by a Chadron defender injures a Pueblo RB. Enjoy the homecoming blowout loss I guess.

42-17 Pueblo leads with a few minutes left to play.

Comment

Pueblo goes into victory formation on the 2 rather than score again. That's too bad.

42-17 final in Chadron.

Comment

Mostly non-competitive losses in 12 straight losses to Pueblo. Pretty sad.

Comment

Targeting penalty was questionable I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post
              I agree. The Pueblo running back got around the end on the Pueblo sideline for about a 15 yard gain, Chadron defender blasts him out of bounds and rb's helmet flies off. This was a brutal hit, BUT, it looked like it was all shoulder into the rb's helmet. But....usually when a player gets pummeled like that and his helmet goes flying, there will almost always be a flag, justified, or not. I didn't see what Chadron #2 did. It was Chadron #58 (I think) that made the hit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post
                  He hit him in the head with his helmet, easy call even if unintentional. Even if it was shoulder to head its still targeting so not sure what was possibly questionable about it. #2 however, after his defense just got thrashed by a mediocre offense, made a gesture saying the kid was asleep. Clown move.
                  Last edited by Turbonium; 10-09-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I agree. The Pueblo running back got around the end on the Pueblo sideline for about a 15 yard gain, Chadron defender blasts him out of bounds and rb's helmet flies off. This was a brutal hit, BUT, it looked like it was all shoulder into the rb's helmet. But....usually when a player gets pummeled like that and his helmet goes flying, there will almost always be a flag, justified, or not. I didn't see what Chadron #2 did. It was Chadron #58 (I think) that made the hit.
                    This is targeting.

Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
                    A player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area

A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground

A player leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

A player lowering his head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.
                    Last edited by Turbonium; 10-09-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I must admit that I watched the 2nd half on TV and was not surprised by the half time score. The 3rd qtr was chadron making a bunch of mistakes, and Pueblo having just one drive if ya want to call it that. 4th qtr was just hanging on. They got a much improved Highlands next week at Las Vegas! We will see. Chadron was just being Chadron again.

Comment

Comment

It really seems the whole region, if not all of D2, is down. The LSC top teams don't look good either, Mankato is nowhere near sense they were, Mines doesn't look that great. I honestly thought Chadron would win this game after seeing Pueblo struggle all year. One of the more surprising results in the conference this year for me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X