3. Winona St
    4. Minnesota St
    5. Sioux Falls
    6. Wayne St
    7. Bemidji St
    8. Texas A&M Kingsville
    9. Augustana
    10. Central Washington

My most egregious error was having Winona St too low. It looks like their head to head wins over Wayne St and Sioux Falls bumped them up. Sioux Falls is directly below the two teams they have lost to as well.

No second RMAC team listed currently. But I think the winner of the CSUP / SD Mines game makes the rankings next week, as they will be 7-3 and there will be at least once NSIC loss (Sioux Falls and Wayne St play this week). There is also another head to head in week 11 (Mankato vs Winona St). So at least two NSIC teams will drop, if not fall out.

Mines SOS gets destroyed the next two weeks, so interesting to see if the winner of Mankato / Winona can jump them in the last week.

Kingsville is just outside looking in. They play Midwestern St this week, who currently has a winning record (5-4). But MSU plays Kingsville this week and Angelo next week. It's possible that they have a losing record by seasons end, which doesn't help Kingsville. Central Washington has Angelo St this week - a win for them would be a huge boost (and I think Angelo would still be #1 in region).

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
    First actual rankings are out:

1. Angelo St
    2. Colorado School of Mines
    3. Winona St
    4. Minnesota St
    5. Sioux Falls
    6. Wayne St
    7. Bemidji St
    8. Texas A&M Kingsville
    9. Augustana
    10. Central Washington

My most egregious error was having Winona St too low. It looks like their head to head wins over Wayne St and Sioux Falls bumped them up. Sioux Falls is directly below the two teams they have lost to as well.

No second RMAC team listed currently. But I think the winner of the CSUP / SD Mines game makes the rankings next week, as they will be 7-3 and there will be at least once NSIC loss (Sioux Falls and Wayne St play this week). There is also another head to head in week 11 (Mankato vs Winona St). So at least two NSIC teams will drop, if not fall out.

Mines SOS gets destroyed the next two weeks, so interesting to see if the winner of Mankato / Winona can jump them in the last week.

Kingsville is just outside looking in. They play Midwestern St this week, who currently has a winning record (5-4). But MSU plays Kingsville this week and Angelo next week. It's possible that they have a losing record by seasons end, which doesn't help Kingsville. Central Washington has Angelo St this week - a win for them would be a huge boost (and I think Angelo would still be #1 in region).
    Looking in the crystal ball it looks like the committee just dropped Kingsville to below the lowest 2-win NSIC South team since they don't have the same number of countable games. The NSIC South is a much tougher division than the north so Bemidji stayed below them. If they win out I think Kingsville will still make it. Under that logic it would put them at the 5th seed since, as you point out, two NSIC South teams ahead of them will have 3 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post

No second RMAC team listed currently. But I think the winner of the CSUP / SD Mines game makes the rankings next week, as they will be 7-3 and there will be at least once NSIC loss (Sioux Falls and Wayne St play this week).
      Living the high life that this is even a possibility. Growing up watching games on the ramps at O'Harra, I would get excited to play Mayville State or Haskell because we would have a shot at winning. Stoked with how far the program has come and happy to have been a part of the RMAC transition as a player. I think playoffs are a long shot with the log jam toward the bottom. We need S&T and Truman to keep doing their part. Tbh I just want us to pound Chadron. I would trade that for a playoff spot any day haha

Comment

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post

Living the high life that this is even a possibility. Growing up watching games on the ramps at O'Harra, I would get excited to play Mayville State or Haskell because we would have a shot at winning. Stoked with how far the program has come and happy to have been a part of the RMAC transition as a player. I think playoffs are a long shot with the log jam toward the bottom. We need S&T and Truman to keep doing their part. Tbh I just want us to pound Chadron. I would trade that for a playoff spot any day haha
        I don't know which I think is a cooler thing, Adams' Residences at Rex or watching from your tailgate at O'Harra. Those are definitely the coolest 2 stadiums in the RMAC. I've only been the one time, but Rapid City seems like a nice town.

Comment

1. Angelo St - W 22-12 vs CWU
          2. Colorado School of Mines - W 54-14 vs NM Highlands
          3. Winona St - W 45-7 vs Upper Iowa
          4. Minnesota St - W 45-24 vs SWMS
          5. Sioux Falls - L 24-31 vs Wayne St
          6. Wayne St - W 31-24 vs USF
          7. Bemidji St - W 24-10 vs Northern
          8. Texas A&M Kingsville - L 41-37 vs Midwestern
          9. Augustana L 24-34 vs Duluth
          10. Central Washington - L 22-12 vs Angelo St

Comment

What do we think the rankings look like when they drop tomorrow? Seems like there is a chance Pueblo makes it to the playoffs if some NSIC games go their way.
            1. Angelo
            2. Mines
            3. Winona
            4. Mankato
            5. Wayne State
            6. Bemidji
            7. Duluth
            8. USF
            9. CSUP
            10. Augustana

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
              What do we think the rankings look like when they drop tomorrow? Seems like there is a chance Pueblo makes it to the playoffs if some NSIC games go their way.
              1. Angelo
              2. Mines
              3. Winona
              4. Mankato
              5. Wayne State
              6. Bemidji
              7. Duluth
              8. USF
              9. CSUP
              10. Augustana
              My crystal ball says that with a CSUP win next week at Black Hills, they get in. If that happens, a rematch against CSM in Golden is highly likely.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM alum 1993 View Post

My crystal ball says that with a CSUP win next week at Black Hills, they get in. If that happens, a rematch against CSM in Golden is highly likely.
                I agree with that. Do you think BHSU would get in if they won next week?

Comment

No. They would only have seven wins against D2 opponents, compared to eight by other three loss teams from the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM alum 1993 View Post

No. They would only have seven wins against D2 opponents, compared to eight by other three loss teams from the NSIC.
                    Those two close losses to Highlands and Western were heartbreakers. Could and maybe should have won both games, but it does show that the jackets have much more work to do to have the success the mens basketball team has had. But lots to build on from this season! Hope Breske is able to use the success to pull in a solid recruiting class and keep the progress going!

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post

Those two close losses to Highlands and Western were heartbreakers. Could and maybe should have won both games, but it does show that the jackets have much more work to do to have the success the mens basketball team has had. But lots to build on from this season! Hope Breske is able to use the success to pull in a solid recruiting class and keep the progress going!
                      Indeed. A seven win (at least) season after a disappointing 4-7 in Coach Breske's first year. Definitely a sign of improvement and the foundation for future success.

Comment

I agree with what's already been said, but to say it slightly differently, this is why OOC scheduling matters. The NAIA game reduces the amount of games vs D2, and in this case lowers their overall win % vs. D2. Then, scheduling William & Jewell actually hurts too. Yes, it was a win, but they are so bad that they hurt the SOS. Now we are at the end of the season and they are being compared to other teams that have more D2 wins (helps winning %) and potentially have better opponents than W&J.

The next step for BHSU is to maintain on field performance (yes, ideally improve it) and then just schedule better. Even if they only be two D2 teams who finished 6-5 (meaning not world beaters), they would get wins for winning % and wins against teams >.500. Those would help immensely right now.

But, as has been stated, it was a good year of progress. The mission now is to not give that ground back and to continue taking ground - by recruiting and developing the athletes already within the program.

Comment

My guesses for today:

1. Angelo St 10-0 (Midwestern St 6-4)
                          2. Colorado Mines 8-2 (Fort Lewis 0-9)
                          3. Minn St 8-2 (Winona St 8-2)
                          4. Wayne St 8-2 (MSU Moorhead 4-6)
                          5. Winona St 8-2 (Minn St 8-2)
                          6. Bemidji St 8-2 (Mary 2-8)
                          7. CSUP 7-3 (BHSU 7-3)
                          8. Sioux Falls 7-3 (Upper Iowa 1-9)
                          9. Minn Duluth 7-3 (Northern St 6-4)
                          10. ???

Pick from a number of teams who stand no real chance at going to the playoffs...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X