Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMAC Pickem Bracket Challenge

Hey everybody. I'm going to start a bracket challenge. To minimize the management time, this will only be open to those that submitted picks to the RMAC Pickem previously this year. I will be publishing two brackets because of the reseeding, one this week and one prior to the semifinals. The website will tally the scores through the quarterfinals but the scores will be tallied manually beyond that. Scoring will be as follows:

1st round: 2-pts per correct pick
    2nd round: 4 pts
    quarterfinals: 8 pts
    Semifinals:16 pts
    Finals:32 points

If you do not pick a team to advance from a region you will not be given points for that team winning in the semifinals or finals once the second bracket is picked. For example if Benedict faces Grand Valley in the semifinals but you picked Delta St. to win SR2 and Grand Valley to win SR 3, you can only get points for Grand Valley advancing, not Benedict.

Send me a direct message with your email address if you want to play. I will send you a link. Thanks.
    Last edited by GoneBlastin; 11-15-2022, 12:45 PM.

Actually, I can send the link through the messaging app on this forum so no need to send me an email just post that you are interested here. Thanks.

Comment

Interested.

Comment

I'm in! Thanks for getting this set up :)

Comment

Everyone should have received an email from me in the message center with the link and the password. Thanks!

Comment

Let's play! I am interested.

Comment

Just one other thing to help me keep track of everyone. On the bracket website, please click the my profile link in the upper right. Then click "Edit Profile" in the upper right of the main screen and under the Nickname box please enter your screen name that you use here. Then lower down the page under the privacy settings please check the "show nickname instead of full name on my league pages" box.

Right now I am seeing everyone's real names and I would like to post the results here using your D2football.com alias. Thanks!

Comment

So here are the standings going into the semifinals. I will put up a new bracket on the website after the reseeding has been done.
                Name Total Points Percent Winner
                Gliac Fan10 74 .875 Grand Valley St. Bracket
                FortLewis4Lyfe 72 .833 Ferris St. Bracket
                GoneBlastin 66 .833 Mines Bracket
                ZZBradley 60 .792 Grand Valley St. Bracket
                Mountaineer Magic 56 .750 Angelo St. Bracket
                J. D. 52 .667 Ferris St. Bracket
                Turbonium 38 .583 Delta St. Bracket
                Twolfbenchwarmer 38 .583 Grand Valley St. Bracket
                S. H. 26 .417 CSU Pueblo Bracket
                Last edited by GoneBlastin; 12-03-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Alright Everyone! Here is the link to the semifinals bracket. A quick note, there is a preliminary round which will account for incorrect picks to this point. In this bracket, only pick the actual winning team if you picked them to win the region in original bracket. Example: If you picked Grand Valley to win SR3, pick other SR3. However, if you picked correctly in the original bracket you should pick that team again. I will check against the original brackets.

You do not have to pick the same winners for the semis and finals as the original bracket. Those matchups were not established so could not be accurately picked. So rounds 2 and 3 in this new bracket are wide open.

officepoolstop.com/MyPool/46462 League ID is 46462 and password is the same as before

Deadline for picks is 3PM Mountain on Friday.
                  Last edited by GoneBlastin; 12-03-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                    Alright Everyone! Here is the link to the semifinals bracket. A quick note, there is a preliminary round which will account for incorrect picks to this point. In this bracket, only pick the actual winning team if you picked them to win the region in original bracket. Example: If you picked Grand Valley to win SR3, pick other SR3. However, if you picked correctly in the original bracket you should pick that team again. I will check against the original brackets.

You do not have to pick the same winners for the semis and finals as the original bracket. Those matchups were not established so could not be accurately picked. So rounds 2 and 3 in this new bracket are wide open.

officepoolstop.com/MyPool/46462 League ID is 46462 and password is the same as before

Deadline for picks is 3PM Mountain on Friday.

looks like the matchups are not quite right as it has shepherd vs WF and Mines vs Ferris?

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post

looks like the matchups are not quite right as it has shepherd vs WF and Mines vs Ferris?
                      Thanks. Let me check it out

Comment

Should be fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                          Should be fixed now
                          Matchups look good! Just one question about how picks work for this round:

In my original bracket, I chose Shepherd and Angelo to advance. Since, Mines beat Angelo, I'd pick the 'Other SR4 Team' option for the first round of picks. However, in the Shepherd vs. Other SR4 Team matchup, can I choose Other SR4 Team to win if I'm a Mines believer, or does that not add points and my only viable pick for that matchup is Shepherd?

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post

Matchups look good! Just one question about how picks work for this round:

In my original bracket, I chose Shepherd and Angelo to advance. Since, Mines beat Angelo, I'd pick the 'Other SR4 Team' option for the first round of picks. However, in the Shepherd vs. Other SR4 Team matchup, can I choose Other SR4 Team to win if I'm a Mines believer, or does that not add points and my only viable pick for that matchup is Shepherd?
                            You can but you won’t get any further points since “other SR 4” will be eliminated in round zero of this bracket.

Comment

Here's the final scores for what it's worth. Only 3 participants submitted follow up brackets.
                              Player Points Winner
                              FortLewis4Lyfe 144 Ferris St.
                              J.D. 108 Ferris St.
                              GoneBlastin 98 Mines
                              Gliac Fan10 74 Grand Valley St.
                              ZZBradley 60 Grand Valley St.
                              Mountaineer Magic 56 Angelo St.
                              Turbonium 38 Delta St.
                              Twolfbenchwarmer 38 Grand Valley St.
                              S.H. 26 CSU Pueblo

Comment

Ad3