Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines Brandon Moore resigns

With Moore resigning, looks like the OC is taking the reigns. How do you guys feel about him? Also, any idea how many assistants he's taking with him? Hopefully they can keep some continuity on that defense next year.

Word is that Sterbick was in serious consideration a year ago, too. I think it is a natural fit. As you point out the question remains which assistants go with him. I’m a bit disappointed because Moore had made comments earlier this off season about turning down other jobs to stay here. This seems a bit of a blindside, at least from the outside.

Comment

I saw John Matocha walking through my local Walmart and he fell to the floor crying when he saw this news.

Coach Moore seemed like an amazing DC and coach during his time at Mines. Really sad that he’s leaving before Matocha’s upcoming breakout season and I wonder if Moore could’ve gotten a FBS position with a few more deep playoff runs at Mines?

Sterbick schemes up a great offense and I have confidence Mines will continue to lead D2 in many offensive categories. Just hope the defense and the recruiting pipeline stay strong.

Comment

Interesting news. So likely 2 top 10, if not top 5 in D2 open the season against each other with first year head coaches. I wonder who has the advantage? Likely Mines since he was the O coordinator vs GV's Wooster was the Oline coach. Still, it should come down to talent... Matocha vs.GV's D and running game.

See you in late August.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
          Word is that Sterbick was in serious consideration a year ago, too. I think it is a natural fit. As you point out the question remains which assistants go with him. I’m a bit disappointed because Moore had made comments earlier this off season about turning down other jobs to stay here. This seems a bit of a blindside, at least from the outside.
          Worst part, Moore announced his resignation the same day that Marv Kay died.

Comment

Did a lot of staffers leave with him, and did a lot of players hit the portal when he left?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X