3. Western Colorado (1) 62
    4. South Dakota Mines 53
    5. Black Hills State 49
    6. Colorado Mesa 48
    7. Chadron State 33
    8. New Mexico Highlands 23
    9. Adams State 21
    10. Fort Lewis 9

No real surprises here. SD schools are slowly moving on up.

Comment

I'm surprised that Mesa and Chadron are in the bottom five. And another thing; I wonder who gave Western the #! vote. Western is certainly a good team but not better than Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
        I'm surprised that Mesa and Chadron are in the bottom five. And another thing; I wonder who gave Western the #! vote. Western is certainly a good team but not better than Mines.
        Coaches cannot vote for themselves. So that vote is from the Mines coach. Interesting that he did not vote for CSU Pueblo who is a better team in most estimations.

Comment

Mines knew how close they were to losing in Gunnison last year and the Pueblo game was a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
            Mines knew how close they were to losing in Gunnison last year and the Pueblo game was a blowout.
            Not sure Western's near upset last year is the reason why the Mines coach gave his #1 vote to the Mountaineers. He may genuinely think Western is the second best team in the conference. Others may agree with him. CSUP got the second most votes but the T-Wolves have a new coach and lost several impact players to graduation therefore the T-Wolves are an unknown team. The rest are not as good as Mines nor trending upward the way Western has the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewisTillIDie View Post

Coaches cannot vote for themselves. So that vote is from the Mines coach. Interesting that he did not vote for CSU Pueblo who is a better team in most estimations.
              Didn't Pueblo lose against Western the last two years? Not sure what other estimations are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Didn't Pueblo lose against Western the last two years? Not sure what other estimations are needed.
                Last year’s Western team had a lot of talented players. Many of them are gone to graduation. Among them were 14 players who earned either1st team, 2nd team or Honorable Mention All-RMAC. The starting QB and place kicker are both gone. 5 of those gone were 5th year seniors while 5 others were graduate students. One of the DBs played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl game. CSUP on the other hand has 17 starters returning; 6 on offense, 8 on defense and 3 on special teams. That’s prolly why CSUP was picked higher than Western.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post

Last year’s Western team had a lot of talented players. Many of them are gone to graduation. Among them were 14 players who earned either1st team, 2nd team or Honorable Mention All-RMAC. The starting QB and place kicker are both gone. 5 of those gone were 5th year seniors while 5 others were graduate students. One of the DBs played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl game. CSUP on the other hand has 17 starters returning; 6 on offense, 8 on defense and 3 on special teams. That’s prolly why CSUP was picked higher than Western.
                  Will certainly be interesting to see of Western can sustain the small amount of success they've had of late. Don't think I'll be able to watch any games live with my new timezone unfortunately so hopefully replays are available.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X