Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMAC Week 1 Pick'em

Welcome back football! With week 1 games kicking off one week from today, I'm getting this out a little early. As noted in a previous post, we will be doing this against the spread this year. The spread will be based on Bill Connelly's SP+ ratings with an additional 3 point home field advantage rounded to the nearest half point. Additionally, where an NAIA or FCS face an RMAC school, it will be a straight pick 'em since Connelly's system is not meant to compare out of division teams. Please have all picks in by noon mountain on Wednesday.

Without further ado, here are this weeks matchups:

Chadron State @ Quincy University (PK)
    New Mexico Hilghlands @ Eastern New Mexico (-5.5)
    Grand Valley State (-7.5) @ Colorado School of Mines
    Valley City State @ South Dakota School of Mines (PK)
    Black Hills State @ St. Thomas (PK)
    Fort Lewis @ William Jewell College (-12.5)
    Kingsville @ Colorado Mesa (-2.5)
    West Texas A&M @ Western Colorado (-4.5)
    Lincoln CA @ Adams State (PK)
    MSU Texas @ CSU Pueblo (-6.5)

As you can see, of the games where spreads are available, Colorado School of Mines is the only home underdog.
    Last edited by GoneBlastin; 08-28-2023, 08:35 AM.

Quincy University @ Chadron State (PK) Had to go with Chadron at home.
    New Mexico Hilghlands @ Eastern New Mexico (-5.5) Portales over Las Vegas. Portales has the Valencia peanuts.
    Grand Valley State (-7.5) @ Colorado School of Mines CSM at home in the upset.
    Valley City State @ South Dakota School of Mines (PK) SDM at home.
    Black Hills State @ St. Thomas (PK) Gotta go with BHS. They start the season strong!
    Fort Lewis @ William Jewell College (-12.5) No Love for FLC!
    Kingsville @ Colorado Mesa (-2.5) CMU has been going in the wrong direction and it continues.
    West Texas A&M @ Western Colorado (-4.5) Gonna be tough to stop the option and WT QB can pass.
    Lincoln CA @ Adams State (PK) Showing some Love to Lincoln, CA.
    MSU Texas @ CSU Pueblo (-6.5) Pueblo at home.

Comment

Chadron I think Quincy is getting too much credit in the spread
      ENMU
      Mines to win outright so they ought to cover.
      SDSM Returning Johanssen and against an NAIA
      St Thomas They were good enough at the D3 level to make me think about picking them in this matchup
      William Jewell - That FLC is a 12.5 point dog to WJC is really telling. Hope they get it it turned around down there. I want to continue to see football in Durango.
      Kingsville - Losing Hunter hurts
      Western Colorado - New coach and offense for WTAMU. I don't think they travel well this week.
      Adams State - It's Lincoln. Seriously.
      CSUP - This is a competitive team again this year. Wristen was great but I think Vigil was a good hire that will freshen up the message down there to reignite the program.
      Last edited by GoneBlastin; 08-25-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Quincy University @ Chadron State (PK)
        Black Hills State
        @ St. Thomas (PK)
        Fort Lewis @ William Jewell College (-12.5) Maybe it's wishful thinking but FLC has to have improved.
        West Texas A&M @ Western Colorado (-4.5) Glad this is the first game because the Buffaloes should be a team that improves every week. Would be neat to see WCU get their first win over a LSC team, but I can see it going the other way easily.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
          Chadron I think Quincy is getting too much credit in the spread
          ENMU
          Mines to win outright so they ought to cover.
          SDSM Returning Johanssen and against an NAIA
          St Thomas They were good enough at the D3 level to make me think about picking them in this matchup
          Kingsville - Losing Hunter hurts
          Western Colorado - New coach and offense for WTAMU. I don't think they travel well this week.
          Adams State - It's Lincoln. Seriously.
          CSUP - This is a competitive team again this year. Wristen was great but I think Vigil was a good hire that will freshen up the message down there to reignite the program.
          Just noticed Fort Lewis & William Jewell is missing for ya. Thanks so much for putting this together again!

Comment

This will be the least I have known about the RMAC since 2008 so my odds of winning the pick em probably increased.

Quincy University @ Chadron State (PK)
            New Mexico Highlands @ Eastern New Mexico (-5.5)
            Last edited by Turbonium; 08-30-2023, 02:23 AM. Reason: Switched from BHSU to St. Thomas

Comment

Quincy University
              Eastern New Mexico
              Grand Valley State
              South Dakota School of Mines
              St. Thomas
              William Jewell College
              Kingsville
              West Texas A&M
              Adams State
              CSU Pueblo

Comment

Quincy University
                Eastern New Mexico (-5.5)
                Grand Valley State (-7.5)
                South Dakota School of Mines (PK)
                St. Thomas
                William Jewell College (-12.5)
                Kingsville
                West Texas A&M
                Adams State (PK)
                CSU Pueblo (-6.5)

Comment

Chadron is NOT at home. This thread, or at least, people's picks might need to be re-adjusted as Chadron's spread will change based on them being on the road. I am going to hold off on my picks until I see this adjustment made.

Comment

Quincy University @ Chadron State (PK) - Well, Chadron isn't as bad as Quincy, so there's that I guess
                    New Mexico Highlands @ Eastern New Mexico (-5.5) - Winging it for this one
                    Grand Valley State (-7.5) @ Colorado School of Mines - Might very well be the D2 non-conference Game of the Year; Mines with the upset in Golden
                    Valley City State @ South Dakota School of Mines (PK) - Yawn
                    Black Hills State @ St. Thomas (PK) - Why am I having a hard time picking this one? I know the Tommies are still new to FCS, but crazier things have happened
                    Fort Lewis @ William Jewell College (-12.5) - If FLC keeps the Julies below 40 in this Game of the Weak, that's a huge upset; we're talking Cheyney-level bad football in Durango over last two years
                    Kingsville @ Colorado Mesa (-2.5) - Not overly confident in Mesa; TAMUK could make noise this season
                    West Texas A&M @ Western Colorado (-4.5) - WCU wins and covers, but WTAMU will make it interesting
                    Lincoln CA @ Adams State (PK) - I'm only picking this game so I don't get fined
                    MSU Texas @ CSU Pueblo (-6.5) - New coach, same results; favorable draw against mid-tier LSC opponent
                    Last edited by ctrabs74; 08-29-2023, 09:20 PM.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                      Chadron is NOT at home. This thread, or at least, people's picks might need to be re-adjusted as Chadron's spread will change based on them being on the road. I am going to hold off on my picks until I see this adjustment made.
                      No change. I am still going with Chadron even on the road.

Comment

Quincy University @ Chadron State (PK) Tough to call, but I'll support my RMAC friends

New Mexico Highlands @ Eastern New Mexico (-5.5)
                        Even with the spread I think ENMU powers through similar to last year

I think it'll be a super close game. Slightly favor the Lakers but I'll take the 7 and a half points .

Shouldn't be a close game

I think the Tommies are a fantastic up and coming team

:(

I unfortunately think the mid tier LSC teams are better than the mid tier RMAC.

Western's failures against LSC teams continue

No idea

I think pueblo is the clear second best team in the RMAC and will roll through this home opener.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                          Thanks for the catch sportsvine, you are correct. Chadron is @ Quincy. However, I just doublechecked and the spread is still PK. If this changes anyone's mind, please update your original post and I will make sure the picks are logged correctly. Additionally, the original post has been updated.

Comment

:

Chadron State
                            Eastern New Mexico
                            Colorado School of Mines
                            South Dakota School of Mines (PK)
                            Black Hills State
                            William Jewell College
                            Kingsville
                            West Texas A&M
                            Adams State
                            CSU Pueblo (-6.5)

Comment

Thanks for running the pickem GoneBlastin, aways fun to do no matter how abysmally I perform.

Chadron State @ Quincy University (PK)

Not at all confident, but Chadron is the team I know so they have my vote.

I really like Highlands but with a new QB I am not at all confident in their ability here.

I am rooting for Mines as always but I think they were very lucky to have the GV game as close as it was last year. I expect this one to be closer to the Ferris game than last years season opener.

SD Mines is on an upward trend and should be able to clear this team I have never heard of

St.Thomas has a remarkably good record for such a new team, Black Hills is extremely good at proving me wrong though

Wish I could vote for FLC but until they get a 25+ point spread it is going to be tough. Still one of their best shots to get a win in so I will be watching with bated breath.

I was never impressed by Kingsville, even though Mesa had a stinky season last year, I have a feeling they will pull out of their spin.

Western had a great season and playing at 7,000 will have thise Texas boys feeling it.

??? Crazy they got an Oakland team playing in Alamosa

Could go either way with the spread but the twolves have a lot to prove after their slow start last year

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X