Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHer View Post

Yea I noticed that. I looked to see if the clock started right on the snap after the time out. Which it did so I'm guessing the clock was right. Also the home side line judge did signal for a clock stoppage. Homer clock operator milking a few seconds perhaps? 4 seconds though is a stretch though even for a home clock operator. And maybe if it weren't for the timeout the clock would have kept running.

Check out the Western game against UTPB final minute of the game. Falcons get a first down and run hurry up and the clock never stops after a first down. Burned about 11 seconds off the clock. I don't believe a ref signaled for a clock stoppage but I could be remembering it wrong there. Happened again and they caught it, you can hear someone yell clock, and players looked upset on the field. I thought it was poorly done by the officials, as they didn't stop and make sure things were right. And signaled the clock to run as soon as the chains were set.

​​
    I just watched the last minute of UTPB and Western as you suggested. Exactly a minute left at midfield, and UTPB gets a first down and clock never stops, and by the time UTPB snaps the next play, they lose about 15 seconds. But it didn't look like coaches were protesting or anything. A couple of plays later, UTPB gets another first down and the clock does weird things..... first it keeps running, like after the previous 1st down, then it shows with time added, then time subtracted after the following play. I watched it a couple of times and computed that UTPB got cheated maybe 4 or 5 seconds in that part and 20 seconds total from the 1:00 point and on in the drive.

Personally, I hate the new clock rules. I have always liked college's clock stops after 1st down rule as I have thought that colleges generally have lesser hurry-up offenses and this 1st down clock stop rule was a way to give trailing teams in college more of a fighting chance.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I just watched the last minute of UTPB and Western as you suggested. Exactly a minute left at midfield, and UTPB gets a first down and clock never stops, and by the time UTPB snaps the next play, they lose about 15 seconds. But it didn't look like coaches were protesting or anything. A couple of plays later, UTPB gets another first down and the clock does weird things..... first it keeps running, like after the previous 1st down, then it shows with time added, then time subtracted after the following play. I watched it a couple of times and computed that UTPB got cheated maybe 4 or 5 seconds in that part and 20 seconds total from the 1:00 point and on in the drive.

Personally, I hate the new clock rules. I have always liked college's clock stops after 1st down rule as I have thought that colleges generally have lesser hurry-up offenses and this 1st down clock stop rule was a way to give trailing teams in college more of a fighting chance.

I Watched it again. The second time you can faintly hear someone yelling clock and then there's an offensive lineman visibly upset before lining up. It seems the clock was corrected more or less. I find it odd though that the refs didn't intervene. It seems the clock operator just decided how many seconds to put back up.

The first time it looks almost as though nobody even noticed. But I'm guessing the UTPB coaches did.

Hopefully this can all be ironed out moving forward can't have this going on.
      Last edited by BHer; 09-24-2023, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
        Heartbreaking loss in Alamosa. Skyhawks showed a ton of fight and were in it up till the very last minute. Might've been our only real shot of a win this year but I'm so proud of what coach Cox has done with the squad. I have a feeling that next year we're gonna have a breakout season with at least 1-2 wins!!!
        I thought they were going to get it. That late hit at the end really cost them. It let Adams burn extra time and made the field goal that much easier.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X