Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 Games thread

Here are the games and game times for this week's games...

12 Noon Chadron State @ #2 Colorado Mines
    12 Noon CSU Pueblo @ Fort Lewis
    1PM Adams State @ New Mexico Highlands
    1PM Colorado Mesa @ #17 Western Colorado
    6PM South Dakota Mines @ Black Hills State

I think Pueblo is gonna cover...

Comment

Hey Colorado mines, could you please show blaster more? That is the only reason I can watch them.

Comment

The FLC announcers whine so much it's more embarrassing than the score of the game.

Pueblo barely covers with an 85-7 win. At one point their backups were tackling too hard according to these announcers, geez is the world soft now.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 09-30-2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          The FLC announcers whine so much it's more embarrassing than the score of the game.

Pueblo barely covers with an 85-7 win. At one point their backups were tackling too hard according to these announcers, geez is the world soft now.
          I think there's a guy in Durango that rides his bike really fast! They were really carrying on about him. (RMAC Network)

Comment

Originally posted by Buff90 View Post

I think there's a guy in Durango that rides his bike really fast! They were really carrying on about him. (RMAC Network)
            Haha! Yeah, think I heard them mention that once or a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
              Hey Colorado mines, could you please show blaster more? That is the only reason I can watch them.
              I despise that burro

Comment

I am currently quite sad that I'm not in Spearfish at the moment

Comment

49-14 Hardrockers in the Black Hills Brawl, almost as good as 2018, which on a personal note was my favorite game of my collegiate career.

Gonna have to refocus quickly though with Western coming to town next week

Comment

All games final. No real surprising winners (only Adams was mildly surprising), but some extremely surprising margins.

Chadron State 7 @ #2 Colorado Mines 35
                    CSU Pueblo 85 @ Fort Lewis 7
                    Adams State 21 @ New Mexico Highlands 14
                    Colorado Mesa 7 @ #17 Western Colorado 43
                    South Dakota Mines 49 @ Black Hills State 14

Comment

Mesa had 53 total yards of offense. Their lone TD was a pick 6. Picked the Mavs to cover. Whoops. Western at South Dakota Mines next week will be a great game. An opportunity for WCU to avenge last year's lopsided Homecoming loss to the Hardrockers.

Comment

Critical downs were key in the game last night, as they always are. BHSU struggled to convert 3rd and 4th down attempts Mines didn't. BHSU was then forced to continue to try and convert on 4th downs and still couldn't convert. SD Mines then was able to continue moving the ball and scoring points and the game got away from the Jackets. Result from this game solidly puts Western pueblo and mines as top 3 teams with a jumbled mess in the middle. Will be interesting to see if either SD Mines or BHSU can show up well against Western and Pueblo.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
                          Critical downs were key in the game last night, as they always are. BHSU struggled to convert 3rd and 4th down attempts Mines didn't. BHSU was then forced to continue to try and convert on 4th downs and still couldn't convert. SD Mines then was able to continue moving the ball and scoring points and the game got away from the Jackets. Result from this game solidly puts Western pueblo and mines as top 3 teams with a jumbled mess in the middle. Will be interesting to see if either SD Mines or BHSU can show up well against Western and Pueblo.
                          Seeing you mention this, I figure I'd attempt ranking the RMAC teams. I'll put a space between groups of teams that I consider apart from each other. Here goes....

1. Colorado Mines

2. Western Colorado

3. CSU Pueblo

4. South Dakota Mines

5. Black Hills State
                          6. Colorado Mesa

7. Adams State'
                          8. New Mexico Highlands
                          9. Chadron State

10. Fort Lewis

I'll try to justify my groups....

Colorado Mines is clearly above everyone else. Western Colorado might have something to say about that, and they will have their chance. But until that day comes, Colorado Mines will remain at the top and clearly apart from the rest of the conference.

I thought of not putting a space between Pueblo and SD Mines, but, SD Mines will get their chance later on.

Before today I would have definitely put SD Mines in with Black Hills and Colorado Mesa, but their domination over Black Hills puts them clearly above.

In the last two tiers, Fort Lewis might be close to Adams, NH Highlands, they almost beat Adams, were competitive against Highlands, but with their long losing streak, they are clearly at the bottom of the conference, and until they break their losing streak, they'll remain all by themselves. Adams, Highlands, and Chadron are all interchangeable.

Comment

1. Colorado Mines

2. Western Colorado

3. CSU Pueblo

4. South Dakota Mines

5. Black Hills State
                            6. Colorado Mesa

7. Adams State'
                            8. New Mexico Highlands
                            9. Chadron State

10. Fort Lewis

I'll try to justify my groups....

Colorado Mines is clearly above everyone else. Western Colorado might have something to say about that, and they will have their chance. But until that day comes, Colorado Mines will remain at the top and clearly apart from the rest of the conference.

I thought of not putting a space between Pueblo and SD Mines, but, SD Mines will get their chance later on.

Before today I would have definitely put SD Mines in with Black Hills and Colorado Mesa, but their domination over Black Hills puts them clearly above.

In the last two tiers, Fort Lewis might be close to Adams, NH Highlands, they almost beat Adams, were competitive against Highlands, but with their long losing streak, they are clearly at the bottom of the conference, and until they break their losing streak, they'll remain all by themselves. Adams, Highlands, and Chadron are all interchangeable.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Colorado Mines was pretty blah this week. Good showing if this is their bad week, but it was definitely not their A game.

I think Western looks scary good... Their only competitive game was UTPB, who looks to be pretty salty themselves.

I would have both of the SD schools at least tied with CSUP, if not ahead.

CSUP has only beaten FLC in conference, not ready to put them in a stand alone position below the top two.

Mesa is bipolar, and are actually in a 3-way with the SD schools, they have room to move up. NMHU might be bipolar also, at this point they seem to have more room to move down. Adams is trying to learn how to be good, but has their struggles. But, they have won two in a row...

Chadron is learning to be like FLC.

FLC is still FLC

1. CSM
                            2. Western Colorado

3. SDM
                            4. BHSU
                            5. CSUP

6. Mesa
                            7. Adams
                            8. NMHU

9. Chadron
                            10. FLC

As I look at this, I'm closer to swapping Mesa and CSUP than any other move I might consider right now.

Comment

A third (22) of the CSUP players (60) that traveled to Gunnison to play Fort Lewis was either a true freshmen or redshirt freshmen.

CSUP lost a lot of experienced players on both the OL and DL to graduation. The T-Wolves have therefore had to play several underclassmen this year. 6 of the 10 offensive linemen who played in Durango were either true freshman or redshirt freshmen (2 true freshmen started, a 3rd got a lot of playing time).

On defense, half of those who played (4) on the defensive line are also underclassmen; 2 of them true freshmen and 2 redshirt freshmen.

At linebacker, 3 underclassmen played; 1 true freshman and 1 redshirt freshman started.

At wide receiver, 4 underclassmen played: 1, a true freshman, had 75 yards receiving and 1 touchdown.

Of the 22 underclassmen that played Fort Lewis, 9 are true freshmen and 13 are redshirt freshmen.

This is a fairly young team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X