Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines #1 for the first time ever!

Congrats to the Orediggers! A helluva season so far with some crucial wins in their first two games. Will be a good match against Western soon.

I have to believe Mines will make it back to McKinney this year. Matocha and McCleod are near unstoppable and their running game is better than past years. Defense is looking sharp and special teams is great with their new punter and kicker. When the going gets tough, John Matocha steps up his game to a whole different level.

Some MIAA/GLIAC/GAC/GSC competition does look quite good this year but I think Mines should roll through SR4.

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
    Congrats to the Orediggers! A helluva season so far with some crucial wins in their first two games. Will be a good match against Western soon.

I have to believe Mines will make it back to McKinney this year. Matocha and McCleod are near unstoppable and their running game is better than past years. Defense is looking sharp and special teams is great with their new punter and kicker. When the going gets tough, John Matocha steps up his game to a whole different level.

Some MIAA/GLIAC/GAC/GSC competition does look quite good this year but I think Mines should roll through SR4.
    I think SR4 looks a whole lot tougher this year. Mankato looks good and gave Mines a game last year. Angelo is becoming a familiar foe and punched them in the mouth earlier this year. They may not even win the LSC. Western looks tough. (seriously how do I get out of my daughter’s soccer game to go to this one?). I think Mines could very well make it back but the path through the playoffs this year is going to be a true crucible.
    Last edited by GoneBlastin; 10-16-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Mines looks really good this year..

Beating Western CO twice might be tough, and the NSIC will put out at least one good playoff team.

I don't think the LSC has anyone who can give Mines a game this year, unless someone gets really hot late.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Beating Western CO twice might be tough, and the NSIC will put out at least one good playoff team.

I don't think the LSC has anyone who can give Mines a game this year, unless someone gets really hot late.

Agreed. Seeing Mankato as the biggest threat in the SR to CSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I said over on the NSIC board that the winner of the Western / Mines game could very well be the #1 seed in the region. If Mines wins, I think there will be very little question. If Western wins, they should be undefeated and have solid wins over Texas Permian Basin (perhaps the LSC rep this year) and WTAM. That fares better than W Oregon for Mankato, although luck is that Mankato will play all of the top teams in the NSIC, giving them a very strong position if they finish undefeated also. Augustana may have a say also, if they beat Mankato this weekend. But, back to the point, whoever wins the Western / Mines game will likely have to repeat it to get out of the region in the PO's - which is a tough task.

As far as winning a natty though, there is some luck in the reseeding for the final four. Having to go through something like Delta St AND GVSU/Ferris would be brutal (or Pitt St, Harding, W FL, etc.). There are easier paths and there are more challenging paths

There is still a lot of football left. No telling who may get injured or who may come back from injury to bolster and already tough team. Who gets home games vs road games... I do know - I'm here for it all!

Comment

https://denvergazette.com/sports/col...1396e06e9.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X