Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines vs. Western…Let’s go!

I know the teams are celebrating their wins but let’s talk about this game early and often. With the Mankato loss this is not only for the conference but likely the #1 seed in region.

Seems like Western looks at Mines the same way Mines looked at Pueblo when they were top dogs. This is going to be a brawl but I’m excited to see what it brings.

Obviously we’re picking the donkeys to win.

What a showdown this is gonna be! Mines can’t start slow like they did today. Western’s D will make it much harder to chase them down. They will also need to make sure they keep Nash and company in check. They’ve given up more through the air than they’ve been accustomed to the last few weeks and Western has shown that they can move the ball through the air when needed. This is going to be a classic!

Comment

I did not realize the recent one sidedness of this series. Mines has won 13 of the last 15. That being said, the last two seasons have been close and very competitive games. I expect that this year as well, regardless of who wins. I think it will be hard fought and down to the end.

Bigger picture, if both teams win out, aside from this game, I think both make the playoffs. I think the winner of this game will be the #1 seed in the region. Mines SOS is great. Western's keeps getting better as UTPB keeps winning. So big implications from this game, aside from the regular season conference title, getting to stay at home or having to travel for the PO's.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
        I did not realize the recent one sidedness of this series. Mines has won 13 of the last 15. That being said, the last two seasons have been close and very competitive games. I expect that this year as well, regardless of who wins. I think it will be hard fought and down to the end.

Bigger picture, if both teams win out, aside from this game, I think both make the playoffs. I think the winner of this game will be the #1 seed in the region. Mines SOS is great. Western's keeps getting better as UTPB keeps winning. So big implications from this game, aside from the regular season conference title, getting to stay at home or having to travel for the PO's.
        There is no think about it. The winner is #1 in the region and the loser very likely has a home game to start the playoffs, assuming no monumental upsets take place of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

There is no think about it. The winner is #1 in the region and the loser very likely has a home game to start the playoffs, assuming no monumental upsets take place of course.
          If Augustana wins out, they will be undefeated with wins against Mankato and Bemidji. They will at least be in the conversation.

Comment

If Augustana wins out, they will be undefeated with wins against Mankato and Bemidji. They will at least be in the conversation.
            Yes they'll be mentioned but I believe their only OOC game was against Chadron who isn't going to finish with much over a .500 record if that. Mines OOC games are obviously impressive and Western would have the win over Mines as well as that UTPB OOC. Things look pretty favorable for the RMAC to have both that #1 and a home game if things play out as expected.

I was not at all impressed with Augie when they played Chadron, did not expect them to handle Mankato like they did that's for sure.

Comment

What’s the attendance capacity at Westerns soccer field? By looking at the box score attendance the most I saw 305? That can’t be right can it?

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                What’s the attendance capacity at Westerns soccer field? By looking at the box score attendance the most I saw 305? That can’t be right can it?
                Yes, that is likely right (or close to it) based on what I saw available for the away fans. Would they even be allowed to host a playoff game with that limitation? Hadn't thought about that.

Comment

Yes, that is likely right (or close to it) based on what I saw available for the away fans. Would they even be allowed to host a playoff game with that limitation? Hadn't thought about that.
                  That just dawned on me this morning. The NCAA gets most of the ticket sales don’t they? If so, then they will be getting a good size cut in revenue.

Comment

That just dawned on me this morning. The NCAA gets most of the ticket sales don’t they? If so, then they will be getting a good size cut in revenue.
                    "An allotment of tickets will be reserved for the competing institutions. Sportsmanship is supported and encouraged at all NCAA events. In an effort to promote a spirit of sportsmanship, opponents’ fans should not be permitted and will not be allowed to be seated directly behind the opponents’ team bench area. Each competing institution will be guaranteed access to a minimum block of 500 tickets for preliminary-round competition, with those seats located directly behind their team bench. This block of seats must begin at the 50-yard line in the row closest to the playing field, be contiguous, and extend outward from the 50-yard line in both directions an equal number of seats. This block of seats should extend up to the top row, or in the case of those stadiums that are large enough to have two tiers of seats, should be 50 seats wide by 10 rows high block of 500 seats, or an alternative seating plan approved by the Division II Football Committee prior to the start of the playoffs."

This from 2019 which was the most recent guidelines I found, but don't believe the seating requirements have changes. Unless Western can somehow get an alternative seating plan approved (which I have no idea what that plan could even be) it doesn't seem they could meet this criteria at all.

Comment

Dang, that's a good catch and a brutal timing for Western to be putting together this season where they are definitely in position to host a game. Can they "host" it somewhere else? What does Gunnison High School hold?

Comment

Dang, that's a good catch and a brutal timing for Western to be putting together this season where they are definitely in position to host a game. Can they "host" it somewhere else? What does Gunnison High School hold?
                        Mines had to host at the high school stadium in Arvada in 2014? It just has to meet all the other criteria I assume. Certainly very bad timing though, ouch.

Comment

Mines had to host at the high school stadium in Arvada in 2014? It just has to meet all the other criteria I assume. Certainly very bad timing though, ouch.
                          Mines played the whole 2014 season there. This place would have been easily big enough to meet the NCAA requirements.

Comment

Mines played the whole 2014 season there. This place would have been easily big enough to meet the NCAA requirements.
                            Yeah I remember going to a regular season game there between Mines & Pueblo. There are other requirements beyond seating that it obviously met regarding coaches booths, streaming capabilities, and a couple other things that I forget now. No idea if Western had access to anything that would work.

Comment

What does Gunnison High School hold?
                              Not many more than the soccer field.

Any chance the game could get moved to the nearest higher capacity facility, such as the Thunderbowl?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X