• Show
Clear All

• Final Week of Reg Season- Week 11 Games Thread

12Noon South Dakota Mines @ Chadron State

12Noon #1 RR#1 Colorado Mines @ Fort Lewis

12Noon Colorado Mesa @ New Mexico Highlands

1PM #15 RR#2 Western Colorado @ Adams State

1PM Black Hills State @ CSU-Pueblo

Props to ASU for a solid stream. Good announcing too, where it's neutral. Really wish WCU would add crimson numbers. Impossible to see silver digits on white.

Comment

Interesting end to 1st half of Chadron State game.

Chadron up 21-3 with a couple minutes left, give up a touchdown, on the next Chadron possession, On 2nd down, SD Mines accepts a Chadron holding penalty to make a 2nd and 7 into a 2nd and 17 with 1:10 left. Both teams have 1 timeout left. When the ball is spotted for play on the 2nd and 17, the game clock starts ticking with the play clock. The SD Mines coach goes absolutely ballistic. I can understand why he's mad..... why should Chadron get to run another play clock's worth of time off the game clock without using up a down? After a lengthy discussion with both coaches, they put 1:10 back on the clock and announce that the play clock will start on the ensuing snap. This makes sense, as I said, why should Chadron be able to run another play clock's worth of time off the game clock? The man standing next to me that it's the choice opposing coach (of the team that is flagged) if the game clock is to start with the play clock, or, on the snap. To me, I don't even like that (although its a lot better than just automatically ticking with the play clock), because I feel fans are cheated out of some football anytime the game clock ticks more than once per offensive play. Anyway, on. 3rd and 15, Chadron throws interception on a screen pass, and SD Mines gets ANOTHER late 1st half touchdown. So, Chadron was looking good at 21-3, and suddenly its 21-16 at halftime.

I was wondering if someone can confirm what the guy next to me said, is true, if opposing coaches of the team flagged have the choice to run game clock with the play clock on on the snap. Does this choice apply in late half situations, or throughout the game?
      Last edited by sportsvine; 11-11-2023, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I have read someone complain about Chadron's stream earlier in the year (maybe they said it was too far away showing too much of the field). I think Chadron does pretty good with their stream. They follow the ball, they never swich cameras in middle of the play. And, yes, the main camera could be a little closer, but that is fairly minor, because, every play is replayed with a much closer camera angle right right after the play.

Comment

Whoa, this is the last weekend of free streaming in the RMAC. Playoff games will $10 just like the LSC and MIAA.

Comment

I think I saw something about this. This may be NCAA directed since they control post season

Comment

Game Finals

Western Colorado 45 Adams State 24
              Colorado Mines 82 Fort Lewis 0
              South Dakota Mines 19 Chadron State 27
              Black Hills State 37 CSU Pueblo 42
              Colorado Mesa 38 New Mexico Highlands 24

Comment

Fort Lewis lost by an average of 52-13 in their games this season.

The last time they won a game was October 5th, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  Fort Lewis lost by an average of 52-13 in their games this season.

The last time they won a game was October 5th, 2019.
                  Lincoln (MO) lost by an average of 54-11 this season and last won a game on October 19, 2019. The Skyhawks and Blue Tigers should square off so one of them can remember what it's like to win a game.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Lincoln (MO) lost by an average of 54-11 this season and last won a game on October 19, 2019. The Skyhawks and Blue Tigers should square off so one of them can remember what it's like to win a game.
                    The Toilet Bowl.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X