Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied
    Bobcats win 3-2, just ten seconds into OT. Congratulations Quinnipiac.

​​​​​
    Last edited by crixus; 04-08-2023, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    You could see that coming. Q ourshot M 14-2 in the third period.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Minnesota 2 Quinnipiac 2 with 2:47 to play in the game.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    The Bobcats specialized on shooting the puck off the Michigan goalies back for goals. I haven't seen that happen so many times in a game.

To me it is one thing to interview coaches at halftime or between periods, but it has to be distracting to do it during time outs. Viewers really don't learn anything, it is almost always the same old cliches which I would have given too.
    Yes, they definitely overdo the interviews. And sport cliches are the worst, especially "controlling your own destiny", which is impossible. If it's destiny, it's going to happen no matter what.

Last edited by crixus; 04-08-2023, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The Bobcats specialized on shooting the puck off the Michigan goalies back for goals. I haven't seen that happen so many times in a game.

To me it is one thing to interview coaches at halftime or between periods, but it has to be distracting to do it during time outs. Viewers really don't learn anything, it is almost always the same old cliches which I would have given too.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Final on Saturday is #1 Minnesota vs #2 Quinnipiac. Go Bobcats!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Frozen Four - I want Boston and Quinnipiac to win their semi-final games and move on to the Final. It probably won't work out that way, but that's what I'd like.

​​​​
    Last edited by crixus; 04-06-2023, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    What concerns me about the Hastings/Knott situation is I feel like the program was just gutted - in the sense that we've lost the Mavs team we've grown accustomed too.

I feel like it's going to take a while for us to get back. I'll be there for the ride, but dang...

In more positive news, former Mav Akito Hirose made his NHL debut last night.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Mike McMahon

@MikeMcMahonCHN
    ·
    7m

Todd Knott will join Mike Hastings in Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I had heard rumors about this. He had a great 11 year run and brought the program to the finals- so close to that title. Sad to see him go. Agreed, I hope that they tie the Knott.
    Saw a quote somewhere from the Mankato AD that basically made it sound like it is Knott's if he wants it.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post
    MSU-Mankato's Mike Hastings named the new head coach at Wisconsin. Hopefully former Beaver and current MSU-Mankato assistant Todd Knott gets a look at filling the Maverick position.
    I had heard rumors about this. He had a great 11 year run and brought the program to the finals- so close to that title. Sad to see him go. Agreed, I hope that they tie the Knott.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    MSU-Mankato's Mike Hastings named the new head coach at Wisconsin. Hopefully former Beaver and current MSU-Mankato assistant Todd Knott gets a look at filling the Maverick position.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post
    Most tournaments, I think, the top seed gets the early game so they get the longer rest. With an off day between games though, it isn't as big of a deal.
    I remember when they had one game Thursday night, one game Friday night, and the championship game on Saturday. Big advantage if you played on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    Most tournaments, I think, the top seed gets the early game so they get the longer rest. With an off day between games though, it isn't as big of a deal.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I have no idea how they decide who gets the early and who gets the late game, which draws a bigger audience. Does the top seed get their pick?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X