Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odds are they get at least one win out of it. Who it will be, that is tough to figure out. My best guess would be against Alaska-Anchorage, Arizona State, St. Thomas and/or Lake State.

Now watch, it will be against Bemidji as they had a tendency to play to the level of their competition last year.
    Millsy

Comment

Tennessee State hockey will have its inaugural season in 2024. It will start as a club-level program but aspires to achieve NCAA D I status for both men and women in the near future. There is no specific timeline for achieving varsity NCAA status.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Tennessee State hockey will have its inaugural season in 2024. It will start as a club-level program but aspires to achieve NCAA D I status for both men and women in the near future. There is no specific timeline for achieving varsity NCAA status.
        I guess I am not going to hold my breath on this one. There have been/are a lot of club teams out there that have said they aspire to one day be a NCAA DI team, but very few have made the move. The biggest hurdle for them is that there is no "local" conference to call home. I just think a lot of dominos would need to fall for them to make the DI move.
        Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

I guess I am not going to hold my breath on this one. There have been/are a lot of club teams out there that have said they aspire to one day be a NCAA DI team, but very few have made the move. The biggest hurdle for them is that there is no "local" conference to call home. I just think a lot of dominos would need to fall for them to make the DI move.
          The biggest question of this story, since many schools have club teams, is how much money are the Predators going to pump into this team. Especially if they plan on adding women's hockey.

Comment

Arizona State is now the 9th member of the NCHC. I figured this or the BIG. Speculation on MSU or St Thomas joining, or Miami moving the CCHA? Who can predict anything anymore?
            Arizona State to Join NCHC Starting in 2024-25 Season - Arizona State University Athletics (thesundevils.com)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Tony Kornheiser of "Pardon The Interruption" on ESPN went to Binghamton. He plugs their basketball team a lot on the show. And I know he's a hockey fan because he talks about the Washington Capitols all the time, so he'll probably mention Binghampton's new hockey program as well. That's good publicity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X