Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Baseball 2024

2024 NSIC Baseball Preseason Coaches' Poll - Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference

Augie picked 1, then MSU............but check out where Crookston is picked. And the Player of the Year.

laker I follow D1 baseball (San Jose State and West Virginia), but I don't really follow D2 baseball because Western New Mexico doesn't have a team. I like the city of Sioux Falls, so I hope the Cougars win the NSIC. That's a good enough reason as any. ;) Thanks for sharing the poll.

Comment

Crookston has carved a nice niche for D2 baseball in NW MN. Getting recruits from ND as well.

Comment

No surprise atop the MIAA poll as CentalMO is again selected as the team to beat. However, there was one coach (other than Crookes who had no choice) to vote someone else atop the league as the Mules received 10 firsts and a second by the other 11 coaches.
        https://themiaa.com/news/2024/1/19/2...announced.aspx

Comment

Looks to be a competitive season in the NSIC. Little ol' Crookston Golden Eagles look to shake-up the establishment, St Cloud is always good. MN St. Mavs and Augustana will resume their hot rivalry in baseball as they are in most sports, one of the two will win the All-Sports title again. I'm sure one or more teams will meet up with the red Mules again, their like another rival to the Vikings.

Augie returns every position starter and a deep pitching staff according to Coach Huber. Have not seen any D1 transfers so far. Usually there is a pitcher or two.

Comment

The 2024 Houston Winter Invitational starts this morning at Minute Maid Park. The field includes 4 of the top 9 teams in D2 as the #5 Mules play #7 Millersville (Fri), #9 So New Hampshire (Sat) and #3 Tampa (Sun). Arkansas Tech & St Cloud round out the field. All 6 teams made the NCAA tournament last season with So New Hampshire & Millersville making it to Cary.

https://ucmathletics.com/sports/2024...itational.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X