Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CalU Basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Did you guys find anything out about Ramon or Tony?
    Not a word but I'll try the direct approach by going to the source @CoachMcBride2

Comment

c
      Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-24-2017, 08:01 AM. Reason: Delete

Comment

Found a Ramon creighton on beaver county junior college roster. Not sure if it's the same one there is no picture.

Comment

That's him. You found him. He'll put up 35 a game down there. I wonder if he'll go back to Cal or open his recruitment after the season. I'd have to assume he's there due to grades.

Comment

That's him. You found him. He'll put up 35 a game down there. I wonder if he'll go back to Cal or open his recruitment after the season. I'd have to assume he's there due to grades.
            I don't know but suspect that part of McBride's deal is to keep the program as clean as possible in line with the administration's point of view about athletics. I believe if it was possible RC would still be on the team. Whether grades or other issues, he must have done something to wear out his welcome and will use his last two years of eligibility(after JC) at another school. Someone will get a nice player if the issues aren't too much to overcome

Comment

First sign this season of the rebirth of VULCAN MBB is a nice sweep of a couple middle of the road MEC teams. Three transfers are doing the heavy lifting. JAHMERE HOWZE JR- TR URBANA 25.5 PPG/15.5RPG, TERRY DAVIS SR-TR GSU 22.0 PPG/10.0 RPG and ISAIAH LEWIS SR-TR TEMPLE 21.0 PPG.
              Big tests come this week at the ANGELO DOME vs KUTZ on Wed then ASHLAND on Sat. Two wins is not realistic, 1-1 seems likely and good, 0-2 would be a big disappointment. Time will tell.
              If anyone cares to, both of the weekend games are on YOUTUBE at CUTVSports1

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                First sign this season of the rebirth of VULCAN MBB is a nice sweep of a couple middle of the road MEC teams. Three transfers are doing the heavy lifting. JAHMERE HOWZE JR- TR URBANA 25.5 PPG/15.5RPG, TERRY DAVIS SR-TR GSU 22.0 PPG/10.0 RPG and ISAIAH LEWIS SR-TR TEMPLE 21.0 PPG.
                Big tests come this week at the ANGELO DOME vs KUTZ on Wed then ASHLAND on Sat. Two wins is not realistic, 1-1 seems likely and good, 0-2 would be a big disappointment. Time will tell.
                If anyone cares to, both of the weekend games are on YOUTUBE at CUTVSports1

Comment

Our boys started 0-8 in PSAC play last season so this weekend is big for them .... even a split is a great start!

They ended last season 7-15 , ended 7-7 .... this team has many old timer boosters very excited. If they can transfer the excitement from the coach they can surprise this winter!

Comment

Originally posted by CALU_Crazies View Post
                    Our boys started 0-8 in PSAC play last season so this weekend is big for them .... even a split is a great start!

They ended last season 7-15 , ended 7-7 .... this team has many old timer boosters very excited. If they can transfer the excitement from the coach they can surprise this winter!
                    Excited is nice but after BB's final years INTERESTED is a big step up. It would be a really good boost for the program if a reasonable number of students and local fans made the effort to show up in the ANGELO DOME on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by CALU_Crazies View Post

Yes we are! Who could forget Brown's last year? (A total of three wins!) We already have TWO.

Comment

I watched the game tonight. Cal played well. That Wendal guy from Ashland was just insane ... I think he had 37 points.

I noticed Luka isn't playing ... hurt?

Cal is going to be in the race. They have some players who are going to cause IUP all sorts of problems. As far as losses go that's at least a good one. Ashland will win a ton of games and be a nice SOS boost.

My observation is the only real weakness is the bench is pretty thin. One more fresh body tonight and who knows. Howze is the real deal. Foul trouble nights could be a big issue down the road. I'd guess as the tape gets out teams will attack Howze and try to get him in foul trouble.

Lewis and Teckle are solid players. That's going to be a fun team to watch. They really hung in there tonight.

Excuse any name misspellings.

Comment

I watched the game tonight. Cal played well. That Wendal guy from Ashland was just insane ... I think he had 37 points.

I noticed Luka isn't playing ... hurt?

Cal is going to be in the race. They have some players who are going to cause IUP all sorts of problems. As far as losses go that's at least a good one. Ashland will win a ton of games and be a nice SOS boost.

My observation is the only real weakness is the bench is pretty thin. One more fresh body tonight and who knows. Howze is the real deal. Foul trouble nights could be a big issue down the road. I'd guess as the tape gets out teams will attack Howze and try to get him in foul trouble.

Lewis and Teckle are solid players. That's going to be a fun team to watch. They really hung in there tonight.

Excuse any name misspellings.
                          As I said 1-1 this week would be as expected and good if they can handle K'TOWN on Saturday. They didn't quit tonight and aside from having trouble guarding the 3 played a reasonably solid game. It's a bit strange talking about players you've only seen for three games, but at the very least their games are watchable and they will cause some trouble for the more established programs. It's a very small sample but, going out on a limb, I'll be disappointed if they're not in the running for the conference playoffs.

Comment

Disappointing lose to MANSFIELD today. Guess it was to be expected after really solid efforts against ASHLAND and K'TOWN. This is still a work in progress and bumps like this should be expected. In fact it is a sign of good things when you lose a game you feel you should win. Quiet now until post T'GIVING meeting with SALEM INT. after which the season gets really revved up in Dec. Hopefully COACH MCBRIDE will use the time to refine what he has going.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              Disappointing lose to MANSFIELD today. Guess it was to be expected after really solid efforts against ASHLAND and K'TOWN. This is still a work in progress and bumps like this should be expected. In fact it is a sign of good things when you lose a game you feel you should win. Quiet now until post T'GIVING meeting with SALEM INT. after which the season gets really revved up in Dec. Hopefully COACH MCBRIDE will use the time to refine what he has going.
                              For some reason, Mansfield always send to give Cal trouble. But, still, that's a good quality win over a good Kutztown team.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Mansfield got back Jeremiah Worthem yesterday for the first time all year. That guy is a monster under the basket.

Recall Mansfield beat Duquesne with Worthem last year. Then he got hurt and missed the whole season.

They are going to be for real this year if he stays healthy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X