Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLARION: $42.7 Million Tippin Gym Renovation Project Awarded

http://www.clariongoldeneagles.com/n...awarded.aspxCL

Needed enhancements on a long over due renovation. Curious how this plays into any plans for state school consolidation or closings.

Re: CLARION: $42.7 Million Tippin Gym Renovation Project Awarded

Originally posted by D2EquipmentManager View Post
    http://www.clariongoldeneagles.com/n...awarded.aspxCL

Needed enhancements on a long over due renovation. Curious how this plays into any plans for state school consolidation or closings.
    Let's see what happens this time around:

http://www.exploreclarion.com/2017/1...-mid-december/

Comment

Hopefully for Clarion it gets completed. Tippin has become pretty rough the past 10-15 years.

Comment

Are they going to do away with the pullout bleachers and use permanent seats where they could house small concerts?

Comment

From what I saw on the plans ... no.

They are replacing the court, scoreboard, windows, and are showing the additions of some bleachers behind one of the baskets. I don't know if they are leaving the existing bleachers or replacing them with more modern ones (like Slippery Rock did on the benches ... the plastic type).

Comment

Is there a higher set of bleachers in the PSAC than what exists at Waldo Tiffin?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              Is there a higher set of bleachers in the PSAC than what exists at Waldo Tiffin?

-
              Been a while since I've been in the Waldo, but can it be any higher than the top row of Edinboro? Those bleachers go waaaaaay up.

Can Clarion upgrade their basketball program as they upgrade their home court?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                Been a while since I've been in the Waldo, but can it be any higher than the top row of Edinboro? Those bleachers go waaaaaay up.
                Just looked it up. Goodness, that looks like Sir Edmund Hillary territory! IUP's old Memorial Field House was fairly high as well. I love those old PSAC gyms. Such great atmospheres to them. I really miss those places for IUP and Cal.

Can Clarion upgrade their basketball program as they upgrade their home court?
                It would be a major reclamation project I suppose.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X