Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article

Consider the source here (as their articles and views tend to be, well, entertaining), but, nonetheless, HERO Sports did an article on the upcoming D2 Men's Basketball season.

Headline: Five Early Favorites for the 2019 Title

* Concord

* Nova Southeastern (this site has a bigger man crush on Saint Crutch than most of you WL people)

* Azusa Pacific

* Drury

* Merrimack

Re: Interesting article

Concord can't be there because the MEC is weak and in disarray this year...Or so I've been told.

Comment

Corcord at IUP is a heck of an opener.

IUP has a long, long history of making 'stars' vanish under the bright lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Corcord at IUP is a heck of an opener.

IUP has a long, long history of making 'stars' vanish under the bright lights.
        I'll be at the opening weekend.

Comment

We can have a $9 Miller Lite in Joe's bar upstairs.

Comment

Ummmmm...Overpriced beer in a half empty arena!!!

Comment

I'd take half full any time as the average ... that would be an average of 2,000.

The killer is the 7-week XMAS break in the PASSHE. Freaking AWFUL for basketball games.

Comment

I'd take half full any time as the average ... that would be an average of 2,000.

The killer is the 7-week XMAS break in the PASSHE. Freaking AWFUL for basketball games.
                I was feeling nice when I said half full! It is the offseason after all...a time filled with peace, love and understanding!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  I was feeling nice when I said half full! It is the offseason after all...a time filled with peace, love and understanding!!!

IUP does pretty well minus the XMAS marathon. During that stretch they get about 800 to 1,000 townies per game. Typically, when the students are on campus, they get in the 1,600 to 2,300 range.

There's been a few monster crowds approaching the 4,000 but it's been very few and far between.

Keep in mind you have a conference that is either brain dead or just doesn't care about money. They routinely schedule the biggest rivalry games (gates) over break.

Take Slippery Rock for instance. The IUP/SRU series now gets the first game played over break. That's just beyond stupid. SRU gets one big crowd every other year ... and it's the year IUP gets to play there in February (instead of like Jan. 3). This upcoming year IUP gets the Rock here after break, which is a huge gate. The game at SRU, during break, will have 200 people there (and about 150 will be from IUP).

Comment

I wouldn't expect any of these 5 to be a contender. Concord I think still has to go through Fairmont and West Lib. Until someone can unseat Barry's recent dominance in the Sunshine State, I wouldn't pick NOVA either. The other schools I haven't really paid attention to. It's a fun talking piece though.

Comment

I'm in!!!

Comment

Concord has the big guard, Tommy Bolte, who will be All-Everything preseason. His supporting cast will be the question. They signed a big JUCO scoring guard, Martin Kelly (6'5"), out of Harford. Harford had really been a PSAC breeding ground the past few years.

IUP will throw Malik Miller at Bolte in the opener. That's a big-time individual match-up.

I watched Bolte hang 52 on Fairmont last year. Kid can play. On paper Concord isn't very big. IUP will cause them some major problems under the basket.

It will be here before we know it.

I'm just glad IUP is playing a tune-up this year (even if it is at famed Rupp Arena). They say if you're going to play Kentucky ... play them early.

Comment

Big Indian...You missed my Elvis Costello reference. You're slipping!!!

Comment

I'm about to turn the ugly 4-0 but I can't say I know much about Elvis Costello.

p.s. HAIL TO PITT

Comment

I'm about to turn the ugly 4-0 but I can't say I know much about Elvis Costello.

p.s. HAIL TO PITT
                              40 is a little young for Elvis Costello. He was part of the post punk edgiy folk scene (if that actually was a "thing"). A little qwerky like Lyle Lovett from country music...but he was probably before your time also!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X