Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Indicators 2020-21

Hey Atlantic region - our GMAC friends from the Midwest have requested I start this thread due to the GMAC being temporarily transferred to the Atlantic region.

And before anybody says anything about Salem...they took 2 losses from Lincoln PA, who canceled their season after 3 games. I removed Lincoln from the spreadsheet, and that left Salem as a 1-win team, but it looks like they still have a bunch of games on their schedule, even though they've canceled everything so far since Jan 3.

I may end up deleting them from the sheet if they cancel many more, because you have to play 11 games to qualify for tournament and the small sample sizes really skew data.
    PI Rank Regional Rank Team Region Conference Record Win% P.I. O.W% O.O.W%
    3 Salem Atlantic IND 1-0 100.00% 17.00 30.00% 47.83%
    10 Hillsdale Atlantic GMAC 13-1 92.86% 16.07 50.33% 52.08%
    17 Mercyhurst Atlantic PSAC 5-0 100.00% 15.60 55.56% 47.15%
    20 Charleston Atlantic MEC 8-2 80.00% 15.10 48.10% 50.84%
    26 Glenville State Atlantic MEC 7-2 77.78% 14.78 47.95% 50.91%
    28 West Liberty Atlantic MEC 7-3 70.00% 14.60 55.56% 50.07%
    35 Fairmont State Atlantic MEC 6-2 75.00% 14.25 49.23% 51.28%
    38 Findlay Atlantic GMAC 12-3 80.00% 14.00 47.53% 52.53%
    38 Gannon Atlantic PSAC 4-0 100.00% 14.00 100.00% 50.00%
    47 West Virginia State Atlantic MEC 6-3 66.67% 13.78 47.95% 51.13%
    48 Walsh Atlantic GMAC 7-3 70.00% 13.70 52.17% 53.16%
    49 Kentucky Wesleyan Atlantic GMAC 8-4 66.67% 13.67 55.81% 51.50%
    71 Alderson Broaddus Atlantic MEC 5-5 50.00% 12.60 54.43% 50.41%
    91 Malone Atlantic GMAC 6-5 54.55% 12.00 49.57% 52.77%
    93 Bluefield State Atlantic IND 2-3 40.00% 11.80 42.42% 55.19%
    95 Cedarville Atlantic GMAC 7-5 58.33% 11.67 38.76% 51.82%
    110 Concord Atlantic MEC 4-5 44.44% 11.22 48.65% 51.05%
    113 Notre Dame (Ohio) Atlantic MEC 4-5 44.44% 11.11 47.22% 50.31%
    134 Tiffin Atlantic GMAC 5-8 38.46% 10.54 48.94% 50.03%
    150 Frostburg State Atlantic MEC 3-6 33.33% 10.11 49.33% 50.82%
    155 Wheeling Atlantic MEC 2-5 28.57% 9.86 47.37% 50.59%
    157 Clarion Atlantic PSAC 1-3 25.00% 9.75 50.00% 47.06%
    162 Ohio Dominican Atlantic GMAC 3-8 27.27% 9.64 47.83% 49.79%
    163 Davis & Elkins Atlantic MEC 2-6 25.00% 9.63 54.84% 48.24%
    168 Trevecca Nazarene Atlantic GMAC 3-12 20.00% 9.47 57.86% 49.83%
    176 Ohio Valley Atlantic GMAC 3-9 25.00% 9.08 53.85% 49.16%
    190 Lake Erie Atlantic GMAC 1-10 9.09% 8.18 57.48% 48.68%
    202 West Virginia Wesleyan Atlantic MEC 0-10 0.00% 6.70 52.50% 49.73%

Thanks for compiling all of this, schnautza. Really appreciate it.

And to our friends from the GMAC, welcome to the Atlantic side of the board. There's no question you will bring some quality teams to the party (not looking forward to having to contend with Findlay, Hillsdale, & Walsh). Combine that with a very strong Mercyhurst and a game Gannon squad, and the Atlantic might become a real gauntlet come March!

Comment

In the perf ratings wlu is 6th in region, ignoring Salem. Puts us at lowest seed in 48 team, 8 region field, unless I have made some dummy mistake.

Comment

So...If I am reading this right.....Gannon and Mercyhurst will have 10 games played against D2 teams by the end of the season.....some against Salem & Bluefield State.

The MEC is playing 16 regular season games plus some more games in the MEC conference tournament in Wheeling. The likely winner of the MEC will play 19 games at years end. How is this regional committee going to look? I don't think the PSAC should have as many representatives on the committee as the MEC and G-MAC. If you only have 3 schools from the PSAC even making an attempt to play basketball, then how can you justify them having reps on the regional committee.

Are we going to reward teams that play 10 games and penalize teams that end up with 18 games played?

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
          So...If I am reading this right.....Gannon and Mercyhurst will have 10 games played against D2 teams by the end of the season.....some against Salem & Bluefield State.

The MEC is playing 16 regular season games plus some more games in the MEC conference tournament in Wheeling. The likely winner of the MEC will play 19 games at years end. How is this regional committee going to look? I don't think the PSAC should have as many representatives on the committee as the MEC and G-MAC. If you only have 3 schools from the PSAC even making an attempt to play basketball, then how can you justify them having reps on the regional committee.

Are we going to reward teams that play 10 games and penalize teams that end up with 18 games played?
          If they end up with only 10 games, they are not eligible for tourney. I imagine both teams will likely try to schedule at least one more game to become eligible? Strength of schedule will definitely have to be a factor.

Comment

Did you not look at Mercyhurst's schedule... they have 14 games scheduled.

Comment

Mercyhurst is likely the lone contender. They also aren't a 'PSAC' team this year rather a D2 Independent.

They will clobber Gannon. In all honesty, Mercyhurst is probably a Top 3 team in the country. They are deep, big and loaded.

Their issue was going to be finding games. They'll have enough to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Mercyhurst is likely the lone contender. They also aren't a 'PSAC' team this year rather a D2 Independent.

They will clobber Gannon. In all honesty, Mercyhurst is probably a Top 3 team in the country. They are deep, big and loaded.

Their issue was going to be finding games. They'll have enough to qualify.
                Just curious. Has there been any resentment by government or psac mgmt toward mercyhurst for not cancelling season and successfully navigating the pandemic?

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Just curious. Has there been any resentment by government or psac mgmt toward mercyhurst for not cancelling season and successfully navigating the pandemic?
                  None that I'm aware of ... remember Mercyhurst isn't a 'state school'. They are just a private school that is a member of the PSAC. All the state schools are PASSHE.

I think the last thing in the world the government would care about right now is a D2 private school playing basketball.

I'll give Mercyhurst credit. They don't care who they play or where they play them. They agreed to a home-n-home with IUP this year. Can't say the same about the other Erie school. Just sayin'

Comment

None that I'm aware of ... remember Mercyhurst isn't a 'state school'. They are just a private school that is a member of the PSAC. All the state schools are PASSHE.

I think the last thing in the world the government would care about right now is a D2 private school playing basketball.

I'll give Mercyhurst credit. They don't care who they play or where they play them. They agreed to a home-n-home with IUP this year. Can't say the same about the other Erie school. Just sayin'
                    BINGO!!! There is a sinking ship on this board that doesn't believe that bit of information.

Comment

Wait a minute, another poster on this board said that the reason IUP is not playing is that no other teams were willing to play them. Said he heard this from sources "in the program" and that everyone refused to play IUP because IUP was soo good. Now we hear that Mercyhurst agreed to a home-and-home before IUP backed out on playing this year. Which is true??

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

BINGO!!! There is a sinking ship on this board that doesn't believe that bit of information.
                        Who? IUP?? Guess it can't be them as they are in drydock getting the barnacles scrapped off of Joe's underside!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          Wait a minute, another poster on this board said that the reason IUP is not playing is that no other teams were willing to play them. Said he heard this from sources "in the program" and that everyone refused to play IUP because IUP was soo good. Now we hear that Mercyhurst agreed to a home-and-home before IUP backed out on playing this year. Which is true??

As I said before, nobody on here knows why they elected not to play (after voting to play). I think it was a terrible decision. Joe and the AD both have their email and numbers on the website if it's bothering everybody so much. Give them a call and ask. See if they'll give you an answer rather than all this babbling.

It has come out, however, Gannon declined to play IUP this year. That, of course, is rumor, as neither side is ever going to say it on the record.

Comment

As I said before, nobody on here knows why they elected not to play (after voting to play). I think it was a terrible decision. Joe and the AD both have their email and numbers on the website if it's bothering everybody so much. Give them a call and ask. See if they'll give you an answer rather than all this babbling.

It has come out, however, Gannon declined to play IUP this year. That, of course, is rumor, as neither side is ever going to say it on the record.
                            One poster on here said he knew why. Said he had inside information that everyone refused to play IUP because they were so big and bad so IUP had no choice but to cancel the season...That and the Gov wouldn't let them play.

Email Joe and the AD and find out!! That's funny! Hey Joe, why did you guys vote to play this year then back out?? I'm SURE he would answer promptly and with the complete unvarnished truth!!!!

Oh come on INDIAN...I remember you and me having a number of "discussions" here that probably a few other posters considered babbling!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

One poster on here said he knew why. Said he had inside information that everyone refused to play IUP because they were so big and bad so IUP had no choice but to cancel the season...That and the Gov wouldn't let them play.

Email Joe and the AD and find out!! That's funny! Hey Joe, why did you guys vote to play this year then back out?? I'm SURE he would answer promptly and with the complete unvarnished truth!!!!

Oh come on INDIAN...I remember you and me having a number of "discussions" here that probably a few other posters considered babbling!!
                              I'd love to know the real answer. I'm even somewhat close to the program ... but, not close enough for that info.

When you have a legit Top 5 team ... baffling.

BTW, I don't ever recall you and I arguing ... lol. It's been awhile, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X