X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU hires new Women's Basketball Coach

https://esuwarriors.com/news/2019/5/...px?path=wbball

Re: ESU hires new Women's Basketball Coach

Nice credentials. Why did she leave Division I LIU Brooklyn to come to D2?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Nice credentials. Why did she leave Division I LIU Brooklyn to come to D2?
      LIU Brooklyn was 4-25 last year. They named a new coach on 4/23; there is no release that I can see on Del Preore's resignation, so it may not have been her choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        LIU Brooklyn was 4-25 last year. They named a new coach on 4/23; there is no release that I can see on Del Preore's resignation, so it may not have been her choice.
        The step down from D1 indicates she is attempting to rebuild her resume. 32-87 at LIU was a really bad step up and she seems to be falling back to her modest success (43-42) at U-BRIDGEPORT to recertify her credentials. However, trying to do that in the PSAC with 2-3 legitimate D2 national programs may not bode well. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          The step down from D1 indicates she is attempting to rebuild her resume. 32-87 at LIU was a really bad step up and she seems to be falling back to her modest success (43-42) at U-BRIDGEPORT to recertify her credentials. However, trying to do that in the PSAC with 2-3 legitimate D2 national programs may not bode well. Time will tell.
          NEC to PSAC is Navel Oranges to Clementines.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            NEC to PSAC is Navel Oranges to Clementines.

Yeah ... about the same thing. The top teams in the PSAC would compete to win that conference right away.

IUP can't even get St. Francis to 'scrimmage' them in a practice.

Our league's top-tier basketball teams could play with any of them. I'm not saying they'd win the league but they'd be competitive from Day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Yeah ... about the same thing. The top teams in the PSAC would compete to win that conference right away.

IUP can't even get St. Francis to 'scrimmage' them in a practice.

Our league's top-tier basketball teams could play with any of them. I'm not saying they'd win the league but they'd be competitive from Day 1.
              NEC regular season champion ROBERT MORRIS beat UPJ @ MOON, 73-53. In 4 losses vs IUP and CALU the same UPJ lost by an average of 21 pts. So oranges to oranges sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                NEC regular season champion ROBERT MORRIS beat UPJ @ MOON, 73-53. In 4 losses vs IUP and CALU the same UPJ lost by an average of 21 pts. So oranges to oranges sounds about right.
                Ask Joe Lombardi. Bobby Mo and DUQ will not play him. They won't.

Even Calipari took a shot at them about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X