Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Patella resigns at WV Wesleyan men's basketball coach

This is the second head coach in the past few weeks that has stepped down at Wesleyan. Their head football coach resigned a few weeks ago.

Comment

Heck of a summer down at WVW.

Comment

I can't find any signs of trouble. Its possible there are some internal money issues - and the recently announced surcharge for non-vaccinated students might be another symptom. WVW and AB (and Salem decades before) ramped up athletics spending as a way to draw students to schools in small WV towns. It didn't work at Salem or AB. Possible WVW made it a bit longer but covid & enrollment decline are really hurting schools that spent big money to attract students. I've never spent time in Buckhannon but everyone I know who went to WVW loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          I can't find any signs of trouble. Its possible there are some internal money issues - and the recently announced surcharge for non-vaccinated students might be another symptom. WVW and AB (and Salem decades before) ramped up athletics spending as a way to draw students to schools in small WV towns. It didn't work at Salem or AB. Possible WVW made it a bit longer but covid & enrollment decline are really hurting schools that spent big money to attract students. I've never spent time in Buckhannon but everyone I know who went to WVW loves it.
          Good post. Buckhannon's a nice town, only 21 miles from AB in Philippi, WV. My uncle used to own an insurance agency not too far from the WVW campus. I think you're right about internal money issues with all those coaches calling it quits so close together.

???
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            It is perculior and does lead to speculation. But absent any inside information, we just don't know...could be money...could be conflict with the AD and/or school president...could be three different reasons that coincidentally happened at the same general time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X